I think I'm being verbally abused. Please help?

I am in a relationship since 2013. And since 2 years I've been going through a lot. In the beginning it was all good but gradually I started seeing some sort of changes in his behaviour. And these changes crushed my self esteem.
1. Firstly, he tried to control me. He never allowed me to talk to any other guy. Not even to my male friends. Once i went on my friend's party. He created a total drama out of it. He shouted at me. I cried all day coz of that.

2. He used to fight with me whenever he saw me using my fb account. He hates that I am on fb I don't know why.

3. He insults me infront of his friends. Calls me STUPID DUMBASS PATHETIC & a FAILURE. When I oppose this he tells me that he is just being a little sarcastic with me coz he loves me.

4. I've gained 5 pounds coz of some health issues. I'm not cured yet. He is well aware of this fact but he still insults me for my weight and says that he just wants me to see "TONED" and "FIT" which is not possible right now coz I am ill. He calls me UGLY now. (My current weight is 120 pounds)

I don't know what to do. I just feel so empty. :(

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave before you go to work talking about " I ran into the door.. "

What Guys Said 4

• sorry for what you've been through.
    most relationships are great in the beginning, but with time... you'll see what kind of relationships you're in.
    sorry, but you were wrong by staying in this relationship since the beginning of the drama... and I'm not saying that to put the blame on you.

you're not empty and I think you have a lot of options right now... but you're afraid to use them.
    if you really want to wait until something happen to take your next step... you’ll likely waiting for the rest of your life... life gets much easier when you deal with the source of your pain by cutting him out from your life.

rebuild your confidence and you'll see the differences.
    Good luck...

• Yep, he wants to own you and only gets away with such behavior because you allow him to. I've been the guy you're describing but without the around friends insults and the toned and fit issue. You're not ready to even think about leaving, you want support or a reason for staying.

• You need to tell him to fuck off and leave. He has gotten insecure and controlling and abusive.

• get out and fast. change emails, change cell #s. loose all contact

What Girls Said 3

• That's terrible. I'm sorry you're going through that. Please leave him because you deserve so much better.

• Yes you are being verbally abused. Leave the relationship.

• Not only is it verbal abuse, but it is also emotional/psychological abuse. Do you have anyone close to you, you can trust?