What if ex ignores me?

Been tgt with him for almost 8 mths. broke up recently only. now we're currently in the "no contact" period. It started after he did not reply my casual message on the day of breakup (as in few hours after the breakup). I've read online the default "no contact" period is 30 days. could be more or less depending on the length of rs. I am thinking what if I wanna contact him after, for example, 30 days, send him a harmless casual message... what if he ignores me? are my chances of getting ignored high? But before you answer yes or no, let me tell you a bit of our reason for being apart.

I feel that there's no major hurt during the breakup. The reason why we broke up is because we feel that we need some time apart from each other to take a breather. he is currently in his last year of uni. he told me he wanted to focus on his studies, saying that his feelings for me is not as crazy as before (as in first few months of rs), and he feels confused. He's very focused with himself, that's what he said to me. Since he told me that, I decided to let him go and let him have some "me" time. None of us have broke the "no contact" period yet (but if he contacts me before 30days are up i will ignore him). He said he missed a bit of single life, just a BIT. Right now I am healing myself and try to enjoy and adapt single life and move on (hope he does too). SO back to the main qns: are my chances of getting ignored high if I send a message after we finished the "no contact" period? I would prefer a yes/no answer for this.

• yes
  • no
  • maybe
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Got one time I asked him if we were to break, will we remain as friends? he said "yes"

21

What Guys Said 1

• My gut feeling from your story is that your ex will want to just move on. He has admitted having thoughts of being single and he has admitted that his feelings had levelled off. I don't think it is likely that he will be in touch. People often say that they will remain friends after a breakup but it is often impractical and it just doesn't happen.

My advice for you would be to think of yourself as being single now and to try and focus on other things and on other people. I think that if you message him you will likely just cause yourself pain. If he wants to message you there is nothing stopping him from doing so.

• I am not very sure whether whatever he says carries another different meaning. However he did not delete me from any social media. Does this imply that he is willing to connect back with me when the time is right? I will definitely move on from him, focusing on my single life and explore the world, but i am just curious what will happen if i make tthat move.

• he also did say "we will see how things go. The future, too many uncertainties"

What Girls Said 2

• After about 2 weeks, the "no contact" period get easier, other things get on your mind, provided you don't break it.
    You might not want to contact him after the 4 + weeks. That's the whole point of it - for you both to cool off and see how you feel.
    I know it's hard not to text him, but you might regret it later, especially if you get nothing back.
    Also, if you want him to miss you, how can he if he keeps hearing from you?

If you do contact him later and you still get nothing, let it go. That's all you can do. You will have already done the hardest part by then anyway.

If he comes back later, you can deal with that then, but don't wait around.

• yep i do agree with u. if i initiate i have a risk of making myself feel stupid if he really ignores me.

I am not very sure whether whatever he says carries another different meaning. However he did not delete me from any social media. Does this imply that he is willing to connect back with me when the time is right? I will definitely move on from him, focusing on my single life and explore the world, but i am just curious what will happen if i make that move.

• If he's ignored you once, leave it. It doesn't sound like he wants to talk to you right now. He could have replied at anytime. .
      Honestly, if he really really wants to talk to you, he will.

• yep he doesn't want to talk to me right now, so do i. i shall see how it goes after a month or so. :)

• He's your ex, doesn't matter