At what point is it not okay to cry?

Broke up with my boyfriend/best friend 6 months ago. I still love him. I still cry.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It's different for everyone. It usually just shows how much you loved the person if it takes that long.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is good to cry, but just know that this shouldn't defeat u. There is always a tomorrow where is full of opportunities and people. You can vent and cry just remember to always get back up. There is sunrise tomorrow :)

• Thank you so much. It just begins to seem pathetic after awhile.

• Is not pathetic, we all been there. I still cry over this specific crush. But that doesn't stop me from continuing on and see what my future hold. Crying is also healthy and means u cared for them a lot. Also after this "storm" is over u will see the "rainbow". Is not pathetic, just shows u have a big heart

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Goodness it's overdoing it after 2 weeks too, it's not like he's dead

• It's ok to cry about that once in awhile, probably won't stop for awhile

What Girls Said 2

• Crying is good. It's therapeutic. Tears are like a safety value , they realease the preassure when you feel overwhelmed with emotions or pain. Crying is a natural automatic response to human emotions

Heartbreak is very painful so it's inevitable you'll cry after a breakup. It just becomes unhealthy if it's persistent and continuous everyday for weeks without any improvement in your emotional state.

Gradually you should notice you are crying less and for shorter periods of time. If not , then it's not a good sign 💝

• i understand that you're still crying... nothing wrong about it