Do you think the following statement is true: Cheating is a crime of opportunity?

Everything you read, especially about men who cheat says that men are opportunistic. Would you still cheat or have an affair even taking chances? Do you believe that a good cheater follows a set of rules?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't cheat, even if I'm tempted. I don't know what a cheater believes in unless they tell me themselves.

I've met 3 women who have either cheated on their husbands or still are. One feels no guilt, another one does, but is still cheating on her husband. The other, kind of, sort of left her husband, but is still married.

The one who feels guilt and is still cheating love her husband, even though he is obsessive and paranoid, but she is sexually unsatisfied. She gave a man a blowjob, but doesn't consider that cheating. She has had sex though, many times, with more than one man. There doesn't seem to be any rules except for what she is and is not okay with.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Once you have effectively arrived at that point it becomes a double edged sword. If the relationship is magnetic, you might cheat but you'll probably also very guilty after. The risk also feels very small at that moment. Almost every dude feels he won't get caught. And most probably do get away with it often times

• women are opportunistic. are you kidding me?

here's proof. 80 percent of divorces are filed by women... of these a great majority of men are the providers. when a women divorces and gets half of HIS money, she gains independence. this is why women care a lot about his money before tying the knot. so she can have another chance at the life even if she gets old.

I've never cheated espeically emotionally. it takes a series of agorythms to cheat. no one cheats by acciednet. its all with intnetions

• I could agree with "the masses" at the helm
    but would also toss some spices into this mix like
    lust temptation exceeding love/lust at home OR
    star-struck or one-in-a-lifetime person making the offer

What Girls Said 3

• Huh? I'm not sure what you're getting at in your description?

As for cheating being a crime of opportunity - nope. My boyfriend has plenty of opportunities to cheat if he wanted to... so do I... but we don't do it because neither of us have any interest in doing so.

• I am a cheater. I follow the rules... and I follow them well. I dont believe in being committed to anyone. I enjoy the moment while it last because nothing last forever and whe the sparks die. I move on.

• why be in a relationship if you have no intention of being committed or staying faithful? I'm not judging you, I'm just curious.

• cheaters are coward and selfish pricks in my opinion