Guys, would you break it off with a girl you really liked due to financial problems/not having your life together?

A guy I was seeing broke it off for no reason, which upset me a lot because we got along really well, there was so much chemistry between us. At first I thought he was a douchebag because he would hook up with random girls after me, and thought he wasn't genuine. Then I find out from friends that he's in between jobs, and has to live in a hostel because he couldn't afford his apartment. Is it possible that he broke it off because he didn't have his life together? And felt he couldn't provide for me, and have a proper, emotional relationship? I come from a well of family, and he doesn't but I never rubbed it in his face, I never made it seem to him that money, and status in a guy was in important, because its not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes very possible. Men have been taught growing up all their lives that they need to protect and provide for their woman and more often than not a lot of times financially unstable guys will break it off because they feel like they not only failed themselves but you.

What Guys Said 3

• He probably felt like a loser and didn't want to be a mooch (some guys just move in with their gf's, never a good idea). Generally being able to buy food and have your own roof over your head (without needing a dozen roommates) has higher priority than any relationship.

• Yes, yes, I absolutely would. Very probable to be the real reason.

• Yes status and money is important in a guy but you are a privileged woman so you can't see it.