My ex messaged me on Facebook out of the blue wishing me well after he got engaged. Is hs being mature or petty?

My ex dumped me a long time ago. Over 4 years ago. I do not have my ex's phone number and we are not facebook friends. One day i was looking through my other inbox on Facebook and he messaged me wishing me well and hoping for good things in my life. He told me I was in his head for some reason.

For the record, he never told me why he dumped me, but he did ghost me beford dumping me through text.

Most Helpful Guy

• and then... several days later he'll tell you about their problems and he keep thinking about you all the day...(at the end... lets have sex.

whether that guy happy with his engagement or not... just give him big good luck and bigger good bye.

Good luck...

Most Helpful Girl

• He's trying for a "one last hook up:" before he marries or something. If he just reached out to you out of the blue, chances are that is why. Be careful, especially if there are any feelings there on your part! I have been down the slippery sloap, and usually they only want one thing. They are an ex for a reason, and trying to get back with one is like picking up pieces of broken glass- you will get cut! Be Careful, but best of luck!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 13

• He wants to end any and all ties to you with a positive impression. He is offering you an olive branch. Graciously accept it. :)

• but he apologized to me years ago

• I believe he still carried this around and finally felt it was time to let it go in a way he can live with. It takes a mature person who wants to live to the best of their ability to do this.

• it's hard to make an opinion on your information
    first what was the date he had texted you... was it before or after engagement?
    and in any case it could be gesture, emotions, once more honey stuff..
    but point is do you really wanna know the reason and get into it? if answer to this is No.. just leave it... wish him good luck and say u r happy 😉

• He was just being polite but I think as they say a ex is ex for a reason
    you know there is chances are he did you a favor in the long run he
    may have this pattern of not being able to stick with just one woman
    and he could end up doing the same thing to his new girl just what
    he did to you so be happy for him but don't let him bother you if it
    becomes to stressful than block him on Facebook.

• I think he meant well saying this. Maybe he moved an saw a gift or something you gave him and thought of it. Then he felt sorry for what he did.

• DO NOT REPLY AT ALL OR CARE.

He's getting engaged and wants to rub it in your face and make you get jealous and everything. He wants to hurt you.

Do not reply. Just ignore him.

• not really he's just letting go of all his past feelings for her and putting them to rest permanetly.

• @chickentiikaa honey you're 14

You haven't met the cruel people yet. He's rubbing it to her face

• nope, there is no guilt feeling. I think he wants to show off that he has found someone better and is getting engaged. I think something was wrong when you two were together.

• I see no malice here. I take him at his word.

• wow... gals assuming bad intent here... projection city... just because it's something YOU would do doesn't mean it's what HE is doing...

• Dude just wanted to be polite not petty
    Don't think about it too much

• He is probably regretting his life and thinking of how things could have been different with you

• it's honestly probably nothing and if he's trying to be better big deal you have your own life to be concerned about his situation

• you dont need him he lost you it his loss try to be positive

• just respond with the same message, and find a new guy...

What Girls Said 6

• Tell him "thank you, congrats". And cut it there, be as cold as possible.
    He might want to remove every feeling of guilt before getting engaged, or he just wants to show you he's engaged and rub it on your face.

• How about loser or user...
    People like this repeat these kinds of behaviors again and again
    without any regards for those who cared for them.
    He probably did the same thing to another ex and the one before that.
    I wouldn't answer him, unless you think of a nice way to tell him to get lost.

• Or he feels bad for the way he ended it and just wants to wish you well? It's so much easier to reflect on how our actions may have hurt someone after some time has passed.
    Why does there have to be a negative reason?

• He is having second thoughts about getting married. He is doubting himself and that his freedom will be taken away

• I am sure he is just being mature - he probably feels guilt for how he treated you. It is normal for these types of things to happen.

• He's starting a new life with just one woman.
    Just remembering the past and saying his farewell before getting married?