What should I do?

So I have been with the same guy for a year now. For the past couple months I've been thinking about ending it but I didn't because I do love him. However, lately things seem worse, We fight a lot and he to me is very mean and insulting. If i correct him on something he accuses me of wanting to always be right and treating him like he is dumb. I"m simplely just not happy anymore. I personally would love to be friends like we used to be, but i know if I decide to end it he won't speak to me. I'm scared because i never ended a relationship with someone before, i have always been the one to get dumped. Is there anyway i can approach this without it being too hurtful?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. There is no easy way out on this. You need to bite the bullet to do what you have to do for the long term benefit of you and him.

• I'm sad but i know its best. I don't know how to approach it tho

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a toxic relationship and its only get worse. Sometimes a guy can change, but just think how much work you would have to put in to make him want to change. That can be exhausting for you and emotionally draining because your putting in all this energy to keep him around and he isn't doing the same for you. I have dealt with a guy like that and believe me , it only gets worse. I would just tell him straight out that you dont like the way that he treats you and its emotionally draining.. simple as that. And then move on. Now down the line, he may change and he may not. But its not something that you should keep going through on a daily basis.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him we need to talk and that tell him how you feel. People change all the time. Just don't do it over text or the phone.

• See it like taking a bandage off. it sucks, but you know u have to.

What Girls Said 2

• There is literally no easy way to do it. Plan out what you want to say and be firm but kind. He may get angry but don't play into an argument as it's really not going to add anything of value but his feelings are his own
    This happens Hun, people grow apart

• It's definitely best to just get it over with instead of prolonging a situation in which you aren't happy. I made the mistake of staying in an unhealthy relationship too long. Eventually I told him it wasn't working and though it hurt to break up I felt SO much better in the long run. I would definitely just have a face to face conversation with him and tell him how you're feeling. Don't let him convince you he'll change. Don't let him talk you in to staying together. If you're not happy now, two weeks won't change anything. Be gentle with him but assertive of your feelings. I truly wish you the best of luck.