Why did I cry so much looking at his photo😰😓?

About 8 months ago my ex ended our relationship. He said it wasn't going anywhere
(I thought it was though๐Ÿ˜ž) I asked if he had met someone else and he sent me a photo of another girl and him happy together.. as though on a night out. He then told me to delete his number, and that it's over , so I did.

It broke my heart and it took months to get over it. I deleted all photos , because I decided I didn't care about him anymore because of how cold he ended it.

A few nights ago I saw a photo I didn't know I Still had. I came across it by chance. I looked at the picture and couldn't stop crying. I cried into my pillow all night. ๐Ÿ˜“I don't know why because I thought I was over him. I'm confused to why I cried so much looking at his photo ๐Ÿ˜•

Most Helpful Guy

• You cried because you're not 100% over him just yet, and that's ok. As time goes on and the further in time you get away from that situation, you'll be more and more recovered. You cried because it brought back the memories of you two together and how he broke up with you in such a hurtful and inconsiderate way. You just have to tell yourself that you'll meet another person that'll be way better than him and that you'll be much happier. What he did to you was not a personal attack on you, what I mean by that is that he'll probably do it to his new girlfriend also and the next one. So don't let yourself get down and feel that you did something wrong, it's just the person he is, but don't worry, what goes around comes around and he'll get his heart broken in the same way as he broke yours. It's just a merger of time. Hope you feel better.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's an ass and you deserve better. It still hurts bc he used to mean a lot to you and then he hurt you, so even though you might not love him anymore you still remember the pain and it somehow still affects you. I think it'll take som time before you can truly think of it as 'in the past' and that's understandable.
    Sorry for what you went through, but things will change and it won't hurt as much as it does now.

• That makes sense. I thought I was over it , but I've realised I'm not yet ๐Ÿ˜“Thank you!!

• You deserve it. Thanks for your advice. It helped a lot โค

• Aw you're welcomeโค๏ธโค๏ธ

What Guys Said 8

• You cried because you're human and have feelings and this guy really hurt you. I can't imagine sending a photo like the one your ex sent you when you asked him if he'd met someone else. That was low. It doesn't matter that it was 8 months ago. There's still a wound and seeing the pic triggered it. Delete that pic! This was just a bump in the road though and you'll keep moving on past it!

• Thank you. I did delete it the following day. I feel a fool for crying so much after looking at the photo when he'd showed his true colours in the end. I thought I was over him until I saw the photo ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜“

• "When relationships end, we are forever changed. When we look back on them it's not to mourn their loss but the loss of who we were in between those moments."

You may have been more trusting, loving and innocent at that point then you are now. Rationality grows when those qualities diminish. But that's when we realize that we will see those traits return in time. After all we are alive and there is every chance that our search for a happy ending is just around the corner.

• Thanks so much for your kind words. It does help me to make sense of why I was so upset. I appreciate your comment a lot

• That's just messed up for him to send you a picture of them and throw it in your face like that. It is people like him that make it hard to trust people when getting into future relationships. It is hard to let yourself be that vulnerable again.

• Sending me that picture was more painful than him actually ending it. I didn't think he was capable of deliberately hurting me that way. . Yourecright because it will affect me trusting again ๐Ÿ˜ต

• That is one of the things that make relationships more difficult as you get older. The more bad experiences you have, the less trusting you get, and the less emotionally vulnerable/open people tend to be with future partners. And when both partners are older, or had too many bad relationship experiences, it is even more difficult.
      It took me about 5 years of being single before I would even consider a relationship again when I had to end my last relationship.

• I can totally understand that. It'll be a long time before I give my heart away again. I just couldn't face that pain again. I kept replaying his words and promises over and over , because I just can't understand how I couldn't see that he was honest and real with me. It's made me now judge my own perception and judgment. I feel a fool

• I'm sorry for what happened to you Hunnie. You cried cause you loved him
    and it will take time for you to heal. I just pray God will surround you with
    all his Blessings and Peace. You will meet a man someday that will
    seriously love you. -Hugs-

• Because you didn't actually want it to end but it did

• You still love him a lot

• This is exactly why I'm so afraid to introduce a new girlfriend to my best friend (she's a girl and we dated for about 3 years before we broke up). I know it will absolutely kill her and break her heart into a million pieces.

• It will ๐Ÿ˜žI hope she doesn't feel what I felt ๐Ÿ˜“I'm sure she wil, sadly ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Guess you're not over him you just suppressed your feelings for him.

• Thanks! I thought I was over him but realised I'm not yet ๐Ÿ˜•

What Girls Said 6

• Completely normal! My ex-fiancรฉ called off our wedding 9 weeks away from the big event. I was blinded sighted and really struggled with it for a long time. One thing I really tried to so was go to the places that were special to us and make new memories there because I had no intentions of leaving the city. I went into a shopping center a few years back where he had actually called off the wedding and it's a good year or so after he had called it off and my heart started to race and I felt really emotional and upset and couldn't figure out why until I realised that that shopping center was where he had called it off and I had been back since.

Our bodies have crazy memories or stuff and there are still times 4 years on that I get emotional about it. I still can't talk about it even though I'm over it without my voice wavering.

It doesn't mean you aren't over it or are pathetic or whatnot. Rejection hurts and it's ok to have left over emotions surprise you everynow and then. Stay strong!

• Sorry for what happened to you. That's a cruel thing what he did to you. Thank you for your kind words

• yes it is normal to be upset, especially since he was so cruel to you and showed you photos of himself with another woman - as if the break up wasn't hard enough without this nudge from him. I think you should allow yourself to grieve so that you can fully recover from this and then find a guy who will treat you better.

• Thank you. I appreciate your comment. You're right

• 8 months is not so long. Obviously you miss him. But you will be fine. The best way to get over him... find someone new :)

• Because what he did was mean, it hurt your feelings and hurt you as a person. I am so sorry you had to deal with someone who does not deserve you, you deserve better than him and don't lose hope.

• Obviously not over him

• Woman up! He's a dick. He broke it off with you, for somebody else, he was seeing you both, then he sent you the pic... don't cry over that shit! Unless it's tears of joy that you had a lucky escape. You could have been that girl in the pic he sent, and ended up his poor girlfriend or something! He's not the one you want for a boyfriend... Trust me.

• You're right!! I really don't know why I cried ๐Ÿ˜“I feel a fool for crying after he did what he did

• Sorry, misread. 8 months ago,, not 8 month relationship.

• That makes a lot of sense. You are so right. Your answer is just what I needed to hear. Thank you so much !