How can I get my ex to talk to me again?

We split a month ago , he dumped me out of the blue after a great weekend together. He seemed happy and his normal loving self. He didn't give me a reason for the split, he just said its over. And he's barely said anything to me since. I haven't heard from him since the 7th and that was when i got my stuff from him. I can't understand how we went from loving happy couple to strangers over night. there's no other woman, his friend says he's single and kind of reclusive.
Though i would like to work things out, i mostly want an understanding of what happened... he just left me hanging. Especially since he told me he loved me more than anything right before he dumped me. He was also talking about our future together and buying a house next yr and even adoption... i dont understand what went wrong. I miss him so much. I miss us. I haven't tried contacting him in over 2 weeks, but at this point I doubt I'll ever hear back again.

Also i should note that he and i rarely fought or had any sort of problems previous to this.
His friend told me to give him sone space, but a month has gone by...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, you never get answers to your questions, and that makes things more difficult. Perhaps the realities of commitment finally hit him and he felt overwhelmed. Maybe this will help:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11176-a-practical-guide-for-how-to-get-over-your-breakup-how-to-get-on

• Yes i assume thats what happened. Together 2 years and then got scared of moving forward. I pushed the subject of moving in together a bit much. He wasn't ready but he said he wanted to get a house for all of us sometime next yr. I don't know... im going to try moving on, but if he does want to talk or reconcile im open... for now.

What Guys Said 3

• 37.media.tumblr.com/.../...5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

He doesn't want to talk to you and it seems needy and desperate for you to try beg or initiate talking to him when you have already tried a few weeks ago. He didn't want to explain himself when you went to get your things so that shows you how little he cares about all the things he told you prior. Time to grieve the relationship and heal and get back to being you. Good luck.

• He is your ex. Stop trying to talk to him.

• Don't waste your time.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't. Move on. He clearly doesn't want you. I could understand if you guys had a conversation about it or if he told you he needed a break or time to himself, but someone who just dumps you like a sack of garbage doesn't deserve your time or attention.