Midst of breaking up and I feel so sad and alone... how do I get through this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile. We just got to college and are half way through the year now, and I saw in a text him asking his friend how to break up with me (long story short, I wasn't snoopig). That was a few weeks ago. I confronted him, saying we should maybe take... not necessarily a break, but some time for ourselves. Like we'll see each other once a week for a bit. He agreed and said he thought about breaking up but changed his mind. He was my first everything, and I was his. I love him so much, and can see myself spending the rest of my life with him. His friend told me he actually said the same to him, but said that he wanted to spend years (like 4, 5,... a long time basically) to explore other relationships to get more experience and grow. I''m so scared we'"ll end up breaking up, maybe not now but probably soon. The thought that hurts the most is seeing him be with another girl, them loving each other... I already feel so lonely and we're not even broken up yet and it's only a day into this break. I'm so sad and heartbroken. I don't know how to deal with this, especially considering my lack of close friends. I just really love him, and blame myself for what made him feel this way. I''m scared and just want advice on how to get through this... I feel so cast aside by him

23

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, you're not to blame. You did nothing wrong. At the same time, your boyfriend isn't wrong either. You are both so young. Both of you are going to change over the next few years, and as painful as it is, you're better off parting for a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly everyone thinks they'll never love anyone like their first love and they'll be together forever, you don't have a unique experience, you have an extremely common one. What you shouldn't do is force the relationship or beg for it, and understand that it's not the be-all-or-end-all and there are way worse experiences than losing a first love, so try to put that in perspective and allow yourself a lot of room to grow.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Your at a good age, where you can bounce back quickly. College is about the degree, not the dating. Once you've graduated other things can change priorities. Focus on your school and him his, you'll end up together if your both focused.

• focus on your studies. ignore the disney bullshit.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, you can talk to someone with the same feelings as you. Sometimes empathizing or "having a pity party" is exactly what a person needs before the can finally be like "okay I got this."

• Also if you have a hobby, aim to go all out 100% at it until you're proud of it. Not going to lie, that's how I started my eyeshadow business.