Help me. What does he mean?

Well, I'm sorry this is a stupid question but I just want to know what does he mean. (My mother language is not English). I broke up with my boyfriend few months ago (he was my first love and I was his but we had so much ups and downs. We had such a special relationship and we knew each other about two years. I wanted to write him a farewell letter because I'm such lame person lol... jk, but I wanted him to know how much he means to me and he is so special person to me. I wrote him:" I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I really am because I got so mad and I said some things I didn't mean only because I was so upset, I don't want to hate or be mad and be like that. But like I said earlier, I had so fun time with you, we knew each other such a long time. Thanks for everything, and I mean it. I'll always remember you and all of the good things we did together and memories, I never forget our laughs, jokes, smiles, conversations, plans and experiences, kisses, hugs, how strongly I once felt and that time when we couldn't keep our hands off each. So, that's about that. Be safe." I know, such a a lame and cheesy text. He answered to me: "thanks, same to you." But does he mean only "be safe too" or all the things I wrote him/all the words back to me. I'm just confused and like always, I'm overthinking. Thanks for everyone already 😊

35

Most Helpful Guy

• You really are overthinking this. It is completely unimportant what exactly "same" meant from him. It was just a polite response from him. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he means that he enjoyed the good times as well and to be safe. However, he didn't say much in response, so just leave it at that and move on.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• He probably means that he enjoyed the relationship as well.

• Y'all broke up for a reason, though. Thinks obviously weren't really working for the two of you.

• He probably was just so sad to say anything else thanks for the invite (:

• wow, that's a mouthful

What Girls Said 2

• Ugh! I hate when I write long meaningful stuff and the guy just says, "Yeah, you too..." Like really! Lol. It's annoying. He probably is either agreeing with you or didn't know what else to say.

• i swear i have no idea lol i am confused
    English is not my mother language either but i know it very well.. still have nooo idea