Is there anything I can do to make my ex come back to me?

I was a good girlfriend he was just a drug addict

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• No and don't; actually, he probably will come back when he needs $, a place to crash etc. You can try getting him into a program where he might clean up but as long as he's addicted that will always be his first love

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you want to be involved with a drug addict. I understand it can be hard letting go of an ex despite their harmful behavior. I only recently just permanently disconnected from an ex after years of being in a toxic friendship. However he made his decision. He decided to make drugs a priority in his life. You are not responsible for him. It is not your job to fix him or care for him. You don't owe him anything. Take care of yourself, and love yourself, so much so that you never have to chase anyone. You won't have to worry about what others can offer you because you'll already have what you need. Perhaps then, if he decides to get his head straight, he realize what he lost when you walked away.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 13

• Can you give more detail than that? With such little information, my opinion would be "Why in the world would you want to go back to that?"

• Do you think it would never work with a drug addict?

• He smoked cannabis but I don't consider that a drug. He was addicted to pain killers (oxycontin) he basically texted me two weeks ago telling me he was a mess... He relapsed and he gambled all of his money. I tried to end the conversation because I don't want to be hurt anymore but I can't help but think of him. It makes me sad of course but I tried so hard to help him. I'm the opposite of him but I really did my best. I cried almost every night... He screamed at me and put the blame on me. I know it wasn't my fault because his life is not better now we are not together.

• Opiate addictions are very serious... you can point him in the direction of help, but until he's many months clean, sober, and standing on his own two feet he's not any good for anyone

• If that's true, why would you want him back? Surely you can find someone who isn't an addict, who would be better suited to you?

• I don't know if I can love someone after loving him :( I have a hard time falling for someone

• *nods* It is. But the person you loved back then is gone, replaced by this current person who's wearing his shell. Trust me, I know what you're going through, I've gone through it before, and to a certain extent, I am now, but it's not drugs in my case. If you can get him help in any way, do it. It's really what he needs. He may hate you for it at first, but in the end, he'll thank you for it.

• I tried to make him search for help when we were dating but he would just get mad at me and blaming me for everything he did wrong. It was very hard. :(

• The only thing that you can do is to get down on your knees and thank God you ditched him. Whoopi!

• Really? Do you think it was better like this? :( im so sad... I really thought I could've helped him

• They tend to be very charming. Sorry. It's an act. Find an alternative anon. You really need it.

• Thanks :(

• There is nothing you should do to make him come back. You shouldn't even try to make him come back. He's a drug addict, remember?

• So you want to join him or what?
    Why would you want someone like that? It's not only irrational, it's anti-rational.

• I developed feelings for him before I know that :( I still have feelings for him

• Feelings fade. Besides, it could be worse.
      Imagine you didn't know that he's an addict so you married him and had kids with him. Imagine the problems you'd have, all the time you wasted.

• Yes you are right. I'm still struggling with this. He was a prince in the beginning of our relationship and then he became the devil.

• Its over. Move on. He needs to sort things out with himself, much less with someone else in his life.

• do you think it's worse with someone in his life? someone who cares for him?

• Depends on the person. Some drug addicts feed off from that. The only person who can help him is himself. We can only help ourselves.
      You may in fact just be enabling him without meaning to.

• anal?

• Why do you want him back? If he dumped you, chances are he'll come back, unless you did something bad.
    If you ended it, remember why, there must be a good reason, remember it, not having him stops him from hurting you.

• Do you think that usually guys regret it?

• You can offer an unlimited amount of drugs.

I wouldn't recommend it though.

• Buy him drugs and do it with him (silly answer btw)

• Do not, under any circumstances go back to him.

• A bag O' crack maybe?😂

• get over it, he's your ex. a drug addict. move on, you're better than this

• thank you, it's still sad :(

What Girls Said 9

• Um... why would you want him to come back? Drug addicts are toxic, especially if they don't want help.

• Because I fell for him in the beginning of our relationship. He was great but then things became very bad :( I wish he was that person I first met

• Well... he's not so... yeah, like, move on.

• No. You can't "make" an ex date you again, it's their choice to decide what they want and you have to accept it.

• I dated a drug addicted guy, I was unaware of his drug use but I knew I couldn't be the one to save him. I tried to be there for him but in end he was stressing me out. I had to let him go.
    Let him go. You can't help someone who doesn't want help.

• Did you break up with him or he was the one who did it?

• He contacted me like 2 times. The first one was to apologize and make things work, 2nd one was to acknowledge what I tried to do for him and he wishes he showed me that he really cared about me and that he missed me. So I decided things couldn't work out, the damage was already done

• Well I wish my ex would apologize at least. :( how long did it take?

• If you have to chase Iove , affection or attention... it's not worth having. Why pursue a guy who isn't willing and eager to be with you

• If he was a drug addict, I would recommend to stay away from him. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Why would you want him back?

• if ı were u ı wouldn't want to get such a person back

• try jealousy

• If he ended it with you why chase someone who was more interested in drugs then you and if you ended it why go back to someone who values drugs over you and refused to fight for you.