How long should you wait before dating after a break up?

My boyfriend of two years and I just broke up -- honestly it had been coming for quite some time. I'm sad, but almost relieved in a way too. I don't think I'd be ready to jump into anything serious soon, but I do know that I'm at a point in my life where I want to find someone to settle down with... unfortunately it wasn't going to be him.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to wait until you feel ready again. It can take just days, or years, or anything in between. NEVER go for a rebound, it'll backfire on you.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• There is no time on this , sounds like this was mutual or you pulled the trigger. Too soon and you will be comparing and may even get prematurely spooked by similarities in other guys. 2 years is a long time and you did have feelings for him. Take some time in deciding who you are , and what you need / are looking for and reflect on how you were as a girlfriend. Most importantly have some fun

• After you moved on (How long that may take), you are free to date again

What Girls Said 2

• till u forget ur ex completely

• As much as you want. It doesn't ma