Do you believe in the saying: The Truth Shall Set You Free:?

Expalin

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe the truth CAN set you free, however there is something to be said for context. Knowing when and how to use the truth is key here. "Do these (clothes) make me look fat" is a question which deserves special consideration. I say this because obviously answering yes, they make your ass look like a double wide mobile home overflowing with deep fried lard, probably isn't the response she may be looking for. So with this in mind, whenever my wife asks me these sorts of questions, if the garment in question doesn't seem to suit her very well, I will tell her that the pattern or cut of the article is not very flattering, and that she might want to consider something a little different, in this way she gets an honest opinion while still considering her feelings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not if you're confessing to murder :p

Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• From my perspective, the Truth doesn’t always set you free. The truth can cage you, suppress you, bring you misery and heartache, and it can damage your reputation, and end your political career. Therefore, why is the saying there, “The Truth Shall Set you Free”? I believe in my view point, is because the Truth will set you free internally.

When one speaks the truth, hopefully it is due to the notion the person believes what they are doing is right. They are speaking the truth because it is the right and honorable path to walk, but just because you speak the Truth, doesn’t mean you are going to be praised and have positive feedback for what you attempt. If what you say, even though it is Truth, is not well received or believed by the majority of society, you may very well find yourself on the outside of said society and an outcast.

You may find yourself voted out of office, have lost your position, and you may even find your reputation is now tarnished, because the Truth you speak is not ready to be heard by those who have power over you. Therefore, if you speak the Truth, do so for your own self-fulfillment and not because you believe what you speak may have overall lasting positive results, because this is NOT always the case. Feel the reward in speaking the Truth for your own self honor and expect nothing more. That’s my bottom line.

• Absolutely. Anything other than the truth brings stress. I am not going to live with a lie to make someone feel better or happy. If someone can't take the truth don't ask to hear it. Period.

• Yes I do, but it can also hurt you. And often times it does, but as long as you learn from it, you will be better off in the long run.

• Telling the truth CAN set you free if holding back that particular truth burdens your conscience. If the truth that you are holding on to is of no consequence then you are not imprisoned by it. Where truth can really set you free is when you are a person of conscience and have have wronged. Telling the truth may bring about consequences but to tell it cleanses your soul somewhat. Good people have a sense that bad actions result in consequences and almost need to face those consequences to be able to move on.

• Very inspiring words even for me personally! Thank you for taking the time to write such an inspirational opinion. maybe at the end of the day, the truth is the light! :))

• well, my expalintion... i'm sorry i couldn't resist, in my opinion, yes, but the problem is today a lot of people can't tell what's true and what isn't, there's a lot of fear-mongering going on, and a lot of challenging the establishment, which is confusing what the truth actually is, along with partisan media, and the like, it's causing a heck of a frustration for everyone, of all nations, of all ethnicities, what's true now, and what isn't?

• I think if you get around to realising the truth about yourself, it will set you free - Discovering your real self is probably the most liberating thing you can do for yourself.

• It's in the Bible. It has meaning in a relative concept. But in real life it cannot be applicable all the time. I believe in that saying in spiritual terms. But in worldly affairs , sometimes I can neglect to respect the meaning of those words.

• Of course not. The truth might send one to prison.

• In context, the truth will set you free.

But I also believe the truth can destroy you too. The counter adage to yours is "ignorance is bliss". I would rather be ingnorant and happy than know the truth and be miserable.

• I used to believe that until such time there is a truth that you must alleviate the weight from your self and once you speak it it does set you free

• No it's hurt me more. My life is in shambles and the truth behind it leaves me far more angry. I wish I were ignorant. It's kind of like the matrix. You grow up believing in one reality that never worked and then realise there are different realities and the tragedy is you learn this too late.

Another quote "hell is a truth learnt too late"

• Yup, keeps you from having to constantly remember every detail of every lie and the constant worry of someone finding out its a lie etc.. also truth will out and the truth will illuminate the dark lies set against you is also true

• Pretty easy question. I do because it's true. Lying requires being under pressure of trying to preserve the lie.

• this is a tough one. everyone lies to their significant other at some point. everyone. personal experience taught me that being totally honest and open about everything is much harder to do, but it is worth it. lies lead to more lies. when you get caught, the trust goes away. then they are wondering what else you lied about. if it's just a hook up, say whatever you want. if you really want a strong relationship with someone, be as honest as you can. even about the embarrassing or shameful things. when two people can be totally honest with each other, it's amazing. you'll have a connection you've never felt before. sex becomes more intimate and you'll feel the spiritual/emotional connection.

• Yes, the more I lie, the more I lie to cover the lie.

• Not if you committed a crime

• Yes, the truth will set you free. Today in general people do not want to hear the truth. I believe it very strongly.

• Absolutely! "As truth is gathered, I rearrange". -YES

• free to make changes once u know the truth

• Yeah that's like when parents tell you if you tell the truth you won't get in trouble... but it's all lieesss.

• No, but truth is better

• If you tell the truth in court, you merely get a reduced sentencing...

• Yes, because even if the truth is bad at least you can be aware you are in a fucked up position so you can work on improving it. While you are surrounded by lies you are not going anywhere (or going in a wrong direction)

• I absolutely know it's the trueth !!

What Girls Said 2

• In most cases, yes. but there are certain exceptions ;)

• yea ı beleive in that because u r the slave of the lie