Am I mentally ill?

I don't know if it's my low self esteem or something else but... I was really into this guy bc he's confident outgoing blah blah. I stopped talking to him because he said I was drama, he didn't want to be my friend that badly (I was mad he was stringing me along). He would message me periodically and then he invited me to his comedy performed a few months later. I questioned him why he had me on the backburner and said it was childish. He flipped out and said how much I annoyed and stressed him out blah blah I look into things I wasn't that important to him, how much I got under his skin I wasn't on the backburner... And it was a vitriolic three paragraph response. He was clearly triggered. The sick part is that it was kind of a turn on to see him get really mad and for him to say I get under his skin. Is anyone like me? What's wrong with me.

So I've figured out my problem. I attract narcissists. I just need to be more on guard.

Most Helpful Guy

• satisfaction is akin to arousal so I don't think it's weird but honestly even if you're not therapists are nice to talk to about problems if you've got them

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a few people like this. I once told a guy an unpopular decision I made a while ago but I am now open about, and he said I have issues. He was also easily triggered and would flip out easily but he was also very arrogant and reminded me of people I went to high school with. Cut him out of your life. He is insecure and he is trying to make himself feel better by making you look bad.

What Guys Said 2

• you are ill tbh you should see a doctor

• I don't even need to read the description to know that this is a question you should've asked a psychiatrist

What Girls Said 1

• It probably felt satisfying to see him pissed off because he was a jerk to you. It doesn't mean something is "wrong" with you, and there's no point fixating on it and creating a problem out of it. It happened, it's over, move on from it.