My ex dumped me 6 weeks ago, just found out I'm pregnant... he's already ignoring me, what should I do?

He dumped me rather suddenly 6 weeks ago, i just found out yesterday that I am 8 weeks pregnant. I haven't told him about it yet because I've tried reaching out in general before i found out and he just ignores my text or calls. Maybe he blocked me I don't know. He has no social media or anything. i haven't heard from him for a month.
Im worried he won't respond even to this news or think its a tactic to get back together, which i dont want because of how he dumped me etc. but i think our child deserves both parents together or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have no way to contact him (that he is answering) I would send him an email, text or registered post letter to let him know you're pregnant. It's up to him what he chooses to do with that information but at least you would have done the best you could to notify him.
    I'd be prepared to do it alone though Hun, while ideal to have both parents if he has commitment issues he may not step up to the plate with a huge thing like this

• He'll step up, yes he does have commitment issues, but he already has a son who is 8. My ex wouldn't not take care of his responsibility just because we split. But it sucks for him to have to pay 2 women child support. He has 50/50 custody with his ex girlfriend, not sure that's what I want though.

• That's his choice though, it's not difficult to prevent a pregnancy and if he 100% didn't want to have a child he had several options. Hopefully he will step up and commit to the baby, but that doesn't mean he'll do the same for the relationship. I really hope this works out well for you though, and that you have an easy pregnancy xo

• Oh we tried to prevent it... I've been on nexplanon implant since August and he got a vasectomy in September.

What Guys Said 8

• i'd email him and just explain that you are pregnant. acknowledge that this is difficult and you know that currently you two are going NC but you wanted to let him know, since the child is his, that you are currently pregnant and that you'd like to talk to him about it at some point

• Well, the child is his as much as yours, he should be held responsible for it too. Try to reach him out through a mutual friend or a relative of his that will talk to you.

• A birth control implant its 99.95% effective as birth control, he will probably demand you to make tests to confirm paternity, are you prepared for that?

• I was on birth control an implant. he had also just gotten a vasectomy a month earlier as well (though that can take time to work). He won't question paternity, he knows i didn't cheat.

• So what if he does, i wasn't looking to have another kid and i know its his. But just because i wasn't looking to have another doesn't mean i dont want this child. Things happen for a reason and im keeping it. I had an abortion once when i was younger and i couldn't go through that again.

• I hope you two can get ok in the end. Maybe you can reach some friends or other people that relate with him somehow...

• Tell him that your are pregnant... And he won't be able to escape or walk away just like that...
    He would have to give child support at least...

• Single moms everywhere that raise beta male giant babies.

• Abort. It is the only sensible thing to do.

• Seriously? Go fuck yourself.

• If you have decided to keep it and not given him a say in the decision then you must deal with it yourself.

• Single mom status it is.

What Girls Said 5

• Paternity test, and serve him with papers? If he is not going to contact you, the only way is through legal channels. You deserve to have support one way or the other...

• He would know its his. There was no cheating involved here. He just has commitment issues. The only thing i see being an issue with him is that im on a birth control implant since August (which i now have to get removed on Wednesday) and he got a vasectomy in September (which can take several months to be effective) i got pregnant sometime in October.

• But yes, if he doesn't respond by the time the child is born I'll be serving papers.

• You need to tell him... things will workout but dont say ur pregnant we have to be together say your pregnant and ur letting him know because he's the father

• If you think he should know then leave a note in his door or something I guess or you can order a paternity test then serve him with papers (which is the legal way to do it).

• single mom

• Im already a single mom to teen girl so your point is?

• there is nothing to do - live as a single mom

• Try messaging him with what you just wrote here, that you're not trying to get back together, and message him with an attached picture of the ultrasound. You can tell him anything else you want, but also tell him that it's not a tactic that you're using to try to get back together, but that you just think that your child deserves both parents to be involved in its life.