Can seeing an ex bring back old feelings? We dated for 4 years & lived together & talked about marriage. Can just seeing them bring back feelings?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it can, yes. Sense memory. Our senses can invoke memories, it is often used as a technique by actors and actresses to bring on emotions when needed. It might be a sight, a sound, a smell. All of our sense can automatically trigger associated memories.

It's important to remember, however, that it isn't four years ago and that makes a big difference. You are not the same person, he is not the same person and it's a completely different time. Time doesn't stand still and neither do we. There is nothing to say that anything would be remotely the same between you two now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it can. You almost vowed to spend the rest of your life with that person. You will have feelings probably even twenty years from now. Don't get me wrong, you will find the true person you were meant to be with, but especially if "that guy" was a first in many ways, you will ALWAYS remember him, and have feelings for him. Trust me!!!

What Guys Said 3

• If you're not completely over them, yes.

I went through that with one of my exes, at about your age. I hadn't even seen her for two years, but it all came back, instantly. If it matters, I was the one who broke up with her, too.

We ended up sleeping together that same night. The whole thing was a bad idea, on both our parts.

• I'd say it had to be a little more than just seeing them again but then again there is only one girl that ever ended a relationship with me and I will never see them again so maybe that's why I feel the way I do...

• bring a condom

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Happened to me. Thought we could be friends. It was a rough year since we had classes together at uni. We both ended up wanting more. It was a rough year. Did I mention that? We aren't good for each other, so we will never be more again. Seeing each other made the desire stronger. Rough year.

• Absolutely. My boyfriend and I broke up for about six months and during that time we didn't see each other and didn't talk too much. When I saw him ALL of the feelings came back.

• I think it would make you aware of feelings that were suppressed but never went away.