Do you believe the saying "Once a Cheat, Always a Cheat"?

Some people are serial cheaters... some only have an affair once in their life time and learn a lesson. With that being said, what are your thoughts on the matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm that is a very interesting Q. I believe that it depends on HOW the whole cheating ends up. For example, a wife occassionally getting banged here and there without ever gettibg caught will surely continue to do so as the experience is not "damaging" at all. If she tried to do so and got caught, and had to face hell on earth though, i doubt she would try it again. I hope you understand what i mean. You know fire can burn you, but you will most likely continue to mess around with it until you actually get burned and feel the pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are so many people on this website that are 100% dogmatic believers in that saying.

I used to use that phrase myself. I don't anymore. But there is no sense arguing with anyone that does.

Good luck and great question :) x-o-x-o

• Yes, I think most people who have their opinions have never cheated, or have never been cheated on, so they make their opinions on the "what if" but when you have walked the mile in shoes on both sides, it is totally interesting to see the answers... thanks much!!!

• Thanks! 🙋

What Guys Said 26

• From my experience we are going to do what is going to make us the happiest in this life, and given how short it is I don’t believe we should do anything less. Whether that makes some people serial cheaters or not is beyond the point. When you look back on your life do you believe you had a good life and you accomplished some of what you set how to have and do? We’re all going in some fashion have regrets from our life and the course of our actions, but this being said, we still cannot be anymore then what we choose to be, and in the end if we were truth to ourselves and what we truly wanted, then one could say they had a good life. That’s my bottom line.

• Yes. I agree with this %10000000
    Leopards never change there spots

Cheating is normally from either insecurity, or communication problems, so they look outside the relationship

• Cheaters can be
    always need to win
    entitled
    salesmen w/o conscious
    sexual users
    but also
    can reform once they have what they want or was seeking all along

• no i don't

humans have the capability to change

• Yes, indeed

• no. people can change. BUT the trust is gone and needs to be earned back

• I don't believe it. There are some people who were cheaters before. But when they turned around and became good , they helped a lot more people to change their ways. Alcoholic Anonymous people and People at Drug Rehabilitation Center are doing a good job to help people. Previously they were bad examples to their society.

• Yes once a person cheats they will never stop and will keep on cheating.

• It's possible they can change their ways although I'd still be skeptical.

• yes, if they cheat on you once they can do it again.
    "fool my once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

• You lease an apartment to a person with an eviction or failure to pay rent on record?

How about hire a person with history of drug use, theft from place of employment, or chronic absenteeism?

Let a guy with 4 DUIs borrow your car to go to the liquor store?

Yeah yeah, the past is the past. Or so slutty cheating cunts would like to have us believe. Fuck that.

• While I'd like to believe that people can change the reality is that some just won't and that it usually takes a lot for someone to actually change their ways.

• Some people stay faithful because they believe in the sanctity of marriage, others because of lack of opportunity. Serial cheaters fall into the second category. So do the alleged "once in a lifetime" cheats, because they only ever had one opportunity.

• No. But that doesn't mean that people get free passes. There are procedures to this stuff.

• Yes I do...

• Yes , in general they cannot be trusted at all , the saying " A leopard never changes it's spots " is true in the vast majority of cases. Cheaters that cheat with fellow cheaters , will not last !!

• People can change. It's simply harder for some people than others.

• Some do it once, some can't stop doing it...

• I believe some cheaters can have a repeated habit of cheating.

• Once a cheat, more likely a cheat

• If she cheated on me there is no way for me to forgive her.. its done.

• yes i do

• Habitual. Yes. They change temporarily but are back to their normal cheating ways. I guess they are never ever change buy simply act fake for a while.

• people can learn their lesson but if that person does not want to change then he/she will not.

• Yes. With only a little wiggle room.

• yeahh

What Girls Said 18

• Cheater 1 will always cheat and perhaps in most everything
    Cheater 2 will cheat until they find The One

• I believe that there are some men out there who will not cheat and sincerely would want to make it work with their wife or girlfriend. But once a guy cheats it will constantly be a doubt in the back of your mind whether or not he will do it again Once a cheat a person cheats, the trust has been broken. And nomatter how hard you would want to believe that it won't happen again, it can happen again.

• I think it depends on the person. Was it a one time (or one person) deal? Where there issues in the relationship that may have led to the cheating? Did they regret it? Is it a pattern for this person? Those tell you if it was a mistake or something they enjoy doing.

• I don't think that's always true, it's possible for people to change and gain perspective on their actions. It truly depends on the individual. However in most cases, I would be skeptical to date someone who's cheated; I would definitely be cautious until I know I can 100% trust them.

• I use to believe it, but now I think it really depends on that person.

• I certainly believe that. Maybe he can change, maybe he won't be the same anymore, but that won't-in anyway- hinder my distrusting him.

• I know someone who is in their early 30's doesn't have any kids and cheated and is still cheating on his wife and the wife despite being told about this and given evidence of her husband cheating the wife still believes her husband when he tells her he didn't cheat it may be wrong to cheat but if the other person in the relationship is going to allow them to get away with it then they have no right to complain or cry

• I do. I think they have the personality or emotional type that contributes so... they'll keep needing or just wanting, to have their thrill or fix.

• Cheaters can change but most don't in my opinion. I've never cheated, but I've been cheated on and I currently have a serial cheater trying to date me (not happening lol).

I think when we really like someone, we over look their short comings (including cheating) because we want to believe they are what we want them to be but some people are all about themselves and never change. I had one friend who recently took back a girl who cheated on him several times over the years until she finally left him for a guy that fucked her over (karma I love you) only to go back to him when she realized that nobody else wanted her because of her reputation. Do I think she'll cheat again? I certainly don't doubt it but who knows. Trust is a key element in a relationship and I just don't see how someone could trust a person ever again after being cheated on by that person.

• I totally agree. What I have experiences is this: If a man or woman wants to "cheat" and experience different sex, if you are open and honest you can usually find solutions with your partners. It really isn't about the activity, it is the secrecy and lies that destroy a relationship from the inside out!!! Thanks

• I think that people can't change who they are, but they can change bad habits. Therefore, if you are trying to figure out if you should give this person a shot, I say go for it. You never know, and you might regret not making the leap.

• No matter if this person can change or not, trust has been broken and most of the times, there is just no turning back...

• For the most part I do. I don't have any experience with cheaters but I've seen my fair share of instances. If someone truly wants to change then they can. But if you're heart isn't in it, then it's almost impossible.

• yes totally

• yeah ı do beleive in that

• no, but i guess theyd just be more likely to cheat

• yes.
    Either always cheat or will start being into open relationships

• agree. would never date a cheat. Trust is something that is important in relationships.

• If they have a history of cheating and getting away with it they are likely to continue their ways.
    My current boyfriend cheated on his ex several times with her always forgiving him he would do or say the right things until she felt secure and cheat again
    Though my boyfriend has not cheated on me that I am aware of the knowledge that he had done it in the past on his ex keeps me on my toes wondering if he can cheat on his wife he can cheat on anyone