Has anyone ever gotten their Ex back by doing no contact?

My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me 2 months ago. At first she kept saying she still loved me and wanted to to work out, but she just needed time to work on herself and just focus on school. She said she still wanted to hang out. I begged for those two months bad, I got severely depressed and it started pushing her away. She would ask for us not to talk about the relationship and to just have fun like the way we use to. It got to the point now where she says she wants her space she said she is here for me if I ever truly need her, but most of the time 99% doesn't answer if I text her. I feel like I might have pushed her away. I texted her and I apologized for constantly pushing and that I never wanted to give her any reason to think differently of me for the past 2 months, that I have been struggling with it but I will give her the space she is asking for. I have now not talked to her in 3 days and I plan to either wait till she says something or wait until finals are over in 3 weeks. She has said she doesn't see us getting back together anymore but that she doesn't know the future. I truly think she just wanted space and is saying that to get me to give it to her. she's always been hot headed and stubborn so maybe the space will give her time to calm down, but also give me time to be able to interact with her on a different level then fear based. With a relationship this long is there a chance that she could move on this fast? Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? I truly love her and not enough time in the day to explain why. There is just something about her that just speaks to me, and makes me feel complete. I want to get to a place where I can accept her moving on should she choose to but I believe I will always want to be with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• ı did - ı have never talk to him nor replied his messages but he turned to me

• How long did it take for him to contact you?

• Did it end up working out?

• then after sometime we started again but it ended

Most Helpful Guy

• You will get there but you have to cut contact permanently. It seems impossible now, but it gets easier each day. Each moment you experience not talking to her, not seeing her, not even thinking about her will dilute your current feelings now. You will eventually look back on her like any other forgotten person from your past.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• Depends how much respect you lost in her eyes by chasing after her.
    Generally they will at some stage, but the motives when they do are what you need to know.

Say it was someone you met for a couple dates, and never closed. If they came back into orbit, have a crack, no doubts there

But after a relationship where you have obviously lowered her attraction somehow, its easier to just find a new partner, start from scratch and keep her interest in you high

• No and I hope I never will. If I cut all contacts then that means I want nothing to do with them anymore. For me, no contact would be permanent.

• Scarcity creates value. Sometimes they do not come back. That is ok. That is a good measure of what the other valued you.

• I'm interested in the females response to this... you clearly did some damage by chasing when she asked for space, but I think every guy is guilty of this. Just ease up bro! it sucks but there are other girls out there just try hanging out with others to take your mind off her. Don't be so invested. No girl likes to be begged. Let her miss you. No responses and short replies I think will help you.

• Thanks yeah it was hard to accept, we were togeter so long and talked about marriage then this just seemed to happen I mean we bickered more recently due to stress of school and work but everything else seemed great. If she judges me I guess off of 2 months of weaknes because of how much she meant to me over the 3 years she's known me then it's her loss I guess

• Exactly just ease up, I think she'll come around and when she does play it cool bro.

• Yeah I've did the whole cold shoulder thing.. In the end we got back together but it didn't last. Sex was pretty crazy the second time around though..

• Cut your loses and never gi backwards.