Girls, Was my ex boyfriend trying to hurt me intentionally?

My ex and I broke up in June this year. There were problems in our relationship. Mostly because of his ex. He was with her previously for 2 years. It didn't take me long to realize I got into a relationship with him too soon, because he seemed to be not over her. He would occasionally bring up things about her, their sex life, and was still friends with her. When we were in high school, he would always stare at her, or dissappear with her whenever she left somewhere. I felt insecure because of this and lost trust in him. It felt like he was paying attention to her more than me. At some point in our relationship, he told me he liked another girl. He never exactly got with her. He said he loved me, and I was his dream girl, but I always had a hard time believing that because he hurt me so much. He also told me (sometime after I break up) that he wasn't ready for a serious relationship, and just wanted a sexual one. Of course I didn't agree to it. It was confusing because then he asked me if I still wanted to be in a relationship with him. I told he I wanted to be just friends (but I didn't really).

I haven't spoken to him in 6 months. He wanted to remain friends after he broke up with me (he said he didn't want to continue hurting me and that he wanted to get himself together). But I wanted to move on and cut off contact. I made a mistake and went on facebook (this was in September) and saw his FB page with a picture of his ex he was with for those 2 years as a background pic. All the pain and anger came back to me. Because the day before we broke up, he told me that they talked about going their separate ways and that she respected our relationship. Turned out he lied right in my face. I felt so hurt. (Back to the FB thing) when we were together he never did that for me. He knew/knows that I disliked her, so I thought this was he way of trying to get my attention? Or to hurt me? I've never looked back since then, but I just wonder what his intentions could be.

2

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's not about you. Don't obsess over his social media activity or what his intentions might be, that isn't moving on. The whole relationship had a small chance of success because he wasn't over his ex, he wasn't sure about you and he even preferred to just keep it sexual rather than a relationship, he was all over the place emotionally. See the big picture and just learn from the experience.

• Just my story although I feel as bad for you as me. He wouldn't be happy if he would be showing off. Let him go, I did too, mine also became reunited with his ex as he never gotten over and it's one years now and I am happy as fuck. I know its very painful but it's never worth it at ol.