Is it true that I can't move on from my ex because I had sex with him when we were dating?

I feel like I can't move on from my ex and my dad said it's so hard to move on because I had sex with him when I was dating him.

I put it in the Breakup and Divorce category because it's about feeling like I can't move on and he's my ex.

83

Most Helpful Guy

• if you had condomless sex, the man released feel good hormones which can be addictive and make it difficult to break up with him. it's also known as the monogamy hormone. however, if you break up with him, you will get over it after a while.

• We had condomless sex and then he broke up with me for a different reason

• It's been hard

• it's all biological, bit you will get over it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. That is what happens when you end up in a sexual relationship outside of marriage. That is the price. Sex is not a game to play with. That is why you wait. You will always remember him sexually for the rest of your life. You made him your spiritual husband, and it's till death of either you or him. It's a heavy burden to carry. You will have to cut all ties with him from contact and everything that he gave you. Delete all photos and vids of you two together. That is how you move on from the relationship, but the sexual consequences you won't be able to do. I can't tell you what to do regarding sexual choices for now on, but when you create soul ties they have serious consequences for the future long term, not just short term.

• Do you think women should wait until marriage? And sexting doesn't count as sex right?

• But your at liberty to choose, but everything comes with a price in the end. You can marry young or marry later, but the later you do wait for marriage temptation will increase.

• have to care*

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think so. it's just hard to move on sometimes.

• sex is a more emotional thing for females

What Girls Said 7

• No - It depends entirely on the emotional investment you had in the person not whether or not you had sex, although obviously this can be linked. I found it really hard to get over someone who I never slept with but fell for when I was younger, but have found it relatively easy to move on from people who I've slept with when dating who I was less emotionally invested in. I've also had one night stands where I just enjoyed the night and didn't have any negative emotion about it the next day or afterwards and nothing to get over.

• I don't think, your having sex with him is making it difficult for you to move on... It's actually hard to move on after breakup because for a long period you had been with the person, shared feelings... More is emotions playing around. I really don't think that just because you got physical with him, is difficult to move on... by the way,. Just try to have a break-- go watch movies, even a short journey would help... You know, you deserve better than him. :)

• might be hard. i am also struggling. its because the auras met. but I hope time heals everything

• Oh really? What are auras? I hope time heals everything too!

• aura it's hard to explain google it

• no you can move on no matter how serious it got

• Did you lose your virginity to him? That's a strong bond that to my experience will never break. Along with first loves. Anyway it could be just the guy he is. You may love him and it's hard to not be with him. I'm going through the same thing

• no ıt is not true u can move on

• I never had sex with my ex, so when he dumped me I did not feel attached. Apparently women get attached more after sex