Still not over my ex after four months. Help?

He iniated the break up, although we both were unhappy. We passed each other on the street today, he waved and smiled. I didn't do anything. (It happened so quickly!)
First time I'd seen his face since the break up after 4 months of no contact. Brought back a wave of memories and now I'm depressed. I've dated a few people since the break up but haven't been able to find another relationship. Feels like I'm never going to get over him. Any advice?

23

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Gurl... I'm not over my ex and it's been like 6 years and I've dated one guy in those 6 years (don't get me wrong, I'm fuckable and smart). So this just seems hilarious to me, especially if you've dated a few people in 4 months, I'd say you're already over him ;-)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Is everyone just going to glance over that she dated a few people within 4 months? No? Only me?

• I know the feeling. There was a girl that I was dating but was never exclusive with a few months back that screwed me over and ended things, but I felt close to her due to how much we had in common.

Despite currently seeing other women now and have seen others since it ended, it still lingers in my mind from time to time. I guess I'll just give it time, but it's a shitty feeling either way.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, if you had a long history I can see why. Maybe try to remember all the bad things he did, try not to think about him, focus on you job/studies, hang out with friends, do a lot of activities.