How to break up with someone who may be depressed?

I think my boyfriend is depressed. When I mentioned being frustrated with him he muttered stuff about stabbing him self and dying. I know that I really want to end this relationship but I don't want to hurt him or be the cause of anything bad happening.

63

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been on severe depression and anorexia for ten years and I start to really recover after the death of my last parent cause I was on my fucking own and I knew that if I wanted to keep my job and go through life I NEEDED to get out of that shit and I did.

Morality I was a pussy and if you believe you can achieve than you will.

Therefore, if you want to break up then break up and if your boyfriend is a fucking pussy and go in depression then it's not your fault but his fault. This world has no place for weakness.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds cold, but you are not responsible for his actions and well-being. If he is making you feel that way by threatening suicide, then he is being incredibly manipulative.

Break up with him gently, in person. Maybe call his parents and tell them you're worried about him.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds more like manipulation to me don't get stuck in that never ending loophole

• Is he diagnosed or is he just a drama queen?

• He's not diagnosed because he refuses to see anyone but he only talks to me like this and he was similar to this before we started dating. No one else knows.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not saying depression isn't a real problem but he's manipulative and tell him you can't do it anymore. If he flips out, call 911 and they'll take him to mental health crisis.

• get the parents to put him on suicide watch after you break up with him.

• Talk to him face to face by telling ur reasons

• Do it in person

• If he hurts himself that's on him, not you