Do you usually stay friends with your ex's?

Maybe you are not a total door closer? Do you stay friends when possible? Why or Why Not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Friends? No. Not become an enemy? Try to.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be difficult trying to stay friends with ex's. I need to be able to close the door on them and move on. I can't deal with ex's lingering around. I'm not sure how other people can do it, but it's just not for me

• I think you hit the nail on this answer. It is for some, and not for others. Thank you much!

• Thank you for MH. That's very much true, I just don't think it would work out for me :)

What Guys Said 15

• It depends. Some I am still in contact in a small way. Like wishing them a happy birthday or sending holiday wishes. The ones who stole from me or for the two that got greedy and nasty during the divorce, I no longer even speak their name.

It is a good idea to keep the toxic people out of your life. You will live much happier because of it. :)

• Nope. Shut that door, new ones opens no animosity just move on

• No, they cheated and I hate them for it, but if it separation was mutual and friendly, I still won't because I don't trust women who talk to their exes like nothing happened, it seems like they don't have a Consciouns and don't really get attached to the idea of a long term relationship, or the guy.

• Nope, I usually want them dead. Reason is with me if they are exes they got that way for good reason, not some trivial crap that could be worked through.

• There's no point.

• I remain friend*LY* with them, which is different from staying friends.

• Nope

• I'm only on rough terms with one of my exes. My other exes and I keep in touch, though I don't know if we're still "friends"

• I try to, but I don't think it's possible usually. I've never had a serious girlfriend though, and telling on basis of fwbs I've had

• I assume I would at least try. It might depend on why it couldn't work out.

• Almost always

• No I don't.

• Never remained friends with my ex girlfriends.

• why not

• aw well that's life u win some u lose some

• @kat007 That's so true i agree.

• Usually no.
    But if there is no bad blood I stay friends.

• I would.. but I haven't.

What Girls Said 11

• Its only one ex who I am friends with and there is no romantic feelings there at all. We just call to chat and see how we both are doing but other than that he is the only one who i do that with. And its not very often, like once every month or so.

• I wouldn't say friends... we don't catch up in person or have long chats but we didn't end on nasty terms either. Were friendly if we see each other and text to see what's new but nothing more

• If we parted mutually and peacefully, yeah.

• I would like to. I never had a boyfriend before. But some guys I rejected, we are still friends

• With exs I wasn't serious with, yeah we're friends.
    If it was super serious. No. Like if i ever broke up with my fiance, no way Id be able to emotionally handle friendship.

• No because they'll try to fuck me.

• Not really. Too many bad feelings.

• I feel like if we were to stay friends, we would end up getting back together. Which is not what I want.

• My first two girlfriends cheated on me, we were not in any position to be friends.

• I've never had an ex, but I'd like to think if me and my boyfriend ever broke up (hopefully never hehe) we'd still be friends. We were each others first everything and we both know everything about each other, all our secrets and spend all our time together. It just seems horrible breaking off all connection with someone you shared such deep connection with

• nope
    If I wanted to be be friends with him I wouldn't have dated him in the first place