My very first love broke up with me. I have been with this guy for 3 years and now, we don't talk anymore. Will we get back together?

I go to a community, he's in a university. Which we understood that we wouldn't see each other as much, but we continued our relationship anyway. It turned to us seeing each other once every one or two weeks. But we kept in touch by texting and calling every single day. We were still happy. In love.
When finals started, we both didn't see each other for 3 weeks. He then said how he hated seeing me wait for him because he feels so bad when his schedule is mostly school, family, and his frat. He then tells me that he barely sees his family too because he comes home late and when he's free, he wants to spend it with his family. Which i was totally understanding with everything he had to say. I let him do whatever he wanted. I waited for him because i love him so much.
Recently, he came back from big bear with his frat friends. During that week, we barely talked at all because i didn't text him as much cause i wanted him to have a good time and not have him text me. Which was a mistake. Because when he came back, he then told me that we aren't on the same page anymore. His parents don't let him go out with a "girl" because they feel like we will do something bad. I argued that he should put his foot down and tell his parents that he wants to see me. But to me, it seems like he gave up on asking. He seems like they will assume no every time.
He lives 5 minutes away. I expect him to text me... but he never does. What should I do? He loves me, i know he does because when he tried to say "Im breaking up with you" He would cry and say "I can't do it" over and over. He would cry and say "sorry" and "I don't want to do this, but we have to"
Do you think we will come back together? Do guys think of their girlfriend and look back at photos, memories? Or will his friends hype him up and tell him "you'll find someone better"? How do guys deal with this. Because I'm dead inside. I WANT to text him. I want to text him we can still do this, but its too desperate.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Most first loves don't last to finish. Love is also a two way street and he seems like he is tired of fighting for you and trying to make it work. To me, his frat buddies shouldn't come before you and that shows his priorities is kinda out of whack. He seems the time apart is a deal breaker for him. It is one of these things that just happens. Bad timing. You've done all you can, it's his turn to fight for you if he wants it to work.

Most Helpful Girl

• First loves are hard to get over. My first love was at age 14 , I never experienced such a thing in my life before. It was like an illusion I was in, almost like it wasn't real. My biggest fear was loosing him, and it happened. He broke up with me for family matters, and it broke my heart. I would cry Everytime I came home from school. He was my only friend , becuase I didn't have anybody to lift my spirt. Unfortunately he got suspended from school and had to transfer to another school, one his friends told me months later. I go to a different highschool than him. I don't know where he exactly went since when he broke up with me he never talked to me again and we never crossed paths. I feel pathetic are last words in person were " OK " . But anyways, I suggest getting over it and I mean it. Your living in this fantasy that's he's going to magical show up. I did the same thing I would picutre my ex at my doorstep. I would cut off all contact and get rid of things that remind you of him. Stay away from places he asual likes to go. I gaurentee you he most likely be there. Plus if your going to a community college there are plenty of guys who would love to get to know you better, Good luck I wish you the best :)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• confront him and find out why his doing what his doing, cause no guy would like to hurt the girl he loves. there most have to be a reason

What Girls Said 1

• Text him if you want, you won't be desperate.