How do I be happy being single?

I have never been single from my pre teen. I was in a long term relationship say 6 years and we brokeup as their parents got her married blah blah.. Life moves on. I am 24 and i am single. I completely forgot how to be single. I was so dependent on my girlfriend. Now i am feeling weird. Trying to talk to people and people respond shit (i am little famous in my field of work so people don't see me as a person but as a resource). sometime i started to act creepy and needy. It really sucks and it do hurts. I don't want any relationship. I just needed a company. I know it doesn't look like a question. I need some pointers on how to overcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go out of the work environment for a hobby or something you always wanted to try but never had the chance. There you can meet people who won't care about what you do but care about the hobby or passion behind something. It will be super refreshing. Take it easy and don't rush anything.

What Girls Said 2

• Self help books, I recommend 7 habits

• By realizing you can do w/e da fuq you want cause you don't have a leash!

What Guys Said 1

• Same here but a little harder since I was married 17 years so now I'm not so motivated, I just go to work and watch tv after dinner, trying to get there again is rough