Girls, do you think you already found the one?

im just curious, because i do believe there's someone out there that were suppose to be with. im still young but i feel like I've already met the guy, the one lol. He checks every box on my list. We dated for about 6 months but we ended it on good terms because the long distance wasn't working. Now its been about 2 and a half months since the breakup. I've met new people but no one can compare to him. I miss him and i do have hope that in the future there's a chance well get back together. But i just want to know if there's anyone who feels the same way i do. I know i shouldn't hold on to that thought because there's a big chance it won't come to that and he'll meet someone else.

i know im for sure not being realistic but i just love the idea that my first boyfriend would end up being the only one. i dont think i can realllyyyy trust anyone else.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• If that's the way you feel about him then you need to communicate that to him in a way that's not going to scare him off. If that's the way that he feels then, you should try to make the LDR thing work. I did LDR with my guy for a year while I was finishing up my senior year I'd hs, it's hard but can work if you truly love and trust one another.

I knew I found him when I realized I was totally in love with him at sixteen! I've known him since I was five, he was a mature man of six! We have been best friends almost as soon as we met. We grew up and just grew together. Little did I know, but at the same time I realized he might just be the one I wanted to keep on spending the rest of our lives together with, he felt the exact same way as I did. We were going to wait until we both finished University to get married, but chose sooner than later after I finished up with high school and AP classes. After a year and a half, we're still just honeymooners and loving it!

I like your explanation about the first boyfriend being the one you were supposed to be with because that's the way it happened with me. However in many cases it's just not going to be that way because of maturity levels and other factors. Just be careful and don't rush things if neither of you are 100% sure. it can happen, just like love at first sight can my grandparents said that's what they felt and were married over fifty years.

What Girls Said 21

• I hope so. We've been together five years now so obviously yes, I'm quite attached :P However, we did get together at 15 and he is my first boyfriend so I have to make myself be realistic.

• I'm not good at telling. The one guy I thought was perfect for me... He lost feelings for me. I guess that's how it goes. But now I realise things I didn't like about him, like how he swore a lot, how he couldn't pick up on my hints, stuff like that. I know I'll find someone who checks off boxes I never even knew existed.

• I had the same feeling when I was younger. You feel like you've lost your one and only and that no one else can compare. But then BOOM! you fall madly in love all over again.

Trust me, you'll meet someone better. It's just going to take a while.

• I don't believe in the concept that there is a person meant for another person. Some people are more compatible than others, but to legitimately believe in "soul mates" or "destiny" is superstitious nonsense.

• hell fucking no, if i'm 15 and i've already found the one i'll be climbing mount everest by the time i'm 18 lmao.

• Saw him on a bus twice, but lost him. Hand me another cat 🐱

• Thought so too but the distance.. Sigh lol

• you never know when you find the one
    my grondmother (RIP) found the one at 16

• No I am the one

• I think he would be a perfect dad, husband, partner, etc. So, yea, unless I did something stupid-he is the one.

• I did and I screwed it up The one was my ex husband now I know I'll end up alone forever

• No, I mean there's a guy whose perfect for me and is also into me but he is much too old for me and it would never work. He would never make any form of move, he knows better.

• I think I do... but I don't know if I am the one for him, and that's scared me ;)

• wouldn't know

• Umm yeah.. hope things work out 😕

• I don't think I ever will

• Nop, not yet.

• yes but i lost him

• Yes I hope so.

• I feel like I have but I'm young and dumb so that's most likely not true.