He briefly left me for someone else and how wants me back. Yes or No?

Hey everyone!

I was seeing this guy for a couple of months and it was all going great. He was really kind and the relationship moved pretty fast. It really seemed like it was going somewhere and I had finally found someone that truly valued me.

However, about a month ago, he told me that he was in a dilemma. A girl who he called his closest female friend, who he had previously had strong feelings for, had suddenly told him that she realized that she had very strong feelings for him and would like to be with him. He assured me that he had told this girl that it was in fact me that he really liked and that he would stick by me.

Upon returning home from college however, he saw this girl and it brought back past feelings. He called me and said that he was extremely sorry but he could not ignore these feelings and that he could not pass up the chance to be with this girl when in the past he had had such strong feelings for her. I was extremely upset, but I told him the decision was final.

About a week and a half after he called me to say that it was ending, he messaged me. He said that him and this girl just kept arguing and he ended it with her because he realized that he just wasn't as happy with her and he was with me, and that he's happy to just start at square one again, but he needs me in his life.

He has said he will understand if I refuse to take him back and if I can't forgive what he did, but I am torn. Part of me says I should just turn away and make him stick to the decision he made, but overwhelmingly I want him back in my life. He meant a lot to me and he seems sincere. However, there is still doubt in my mind.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this. Take him back or not?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump that sucker and forget about him.

Don't let him come back for seconds because he made a stupid mistake.
    Its like when you eat dessert, then say no to the seconds, but come back 10 minutes later deciding that you want it. (too bad I ate it already)

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck no!!

I'd never go back to a guy who rejected me for someone else. I have boundaries. He wouldn't have had a chance to contact me to grovel back that way , cos as soon as he left I'd have burned all my bridges as he walked away. I'd cut all means of contact with him

You're just his second choice so why go back to a guy who didn't value you in his life and view you as precious. What's to say he won't change his mind and want someone else if you two argue.

What Guys Said 3

• "but overwhelmingly I want him back in my life. He meant a lot to me and he seems sincere"

You're the only one knowing the pro and cons about him.
    How do you feel about pardoning and burying VERY deep it as a once in a lifetime stupidity?

• No. If you let him in he will take you for granted and leave again. Kick him to the curb and find a real man.

• Hell to the nah

What Girls Said 5

• No way sista

• Forget him.

• Don't take him back!

• Don't do it. Because this girl will come back and try to be with him again and then he will go back. That's what always happens. It'll be a loop.

• Funny thing, I really wanted to tell you to get back with him because I'm pretty sure a lot of people would do the same but after seeing the rest of the comments I don't know If I should, I'm scared I'll get hated on. So yea, I think he deserves a second chance probably (but only If he's really as nice and sincere as you descibed him). Plus If you want him in your life then you should have him.