Where can I meet new people, friends and guys?

I'm 24, and had a shitty break up 2 months back. Too much of my life revolved around him and now I don't have many friends to fill the void.

What can I do to meet new people, make new friends and stuff? I want to keep busy but it seems like a lot of the clubs near where I live are for old people. I wanna meet people in their 20s and 30s.

Maybe not even to get in a relationship with but a few dates would be nice to know I can and even a few friends would be amazing

WHat else can I do to recover from my horrendous break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you live in a city, find a couples dance group -- swing or salsa groups tend to run young. Or join a group for some active sport like hiking. You'll have fun and meet active guys. Avoid intellectual groups like film clubs etc. In my experience they tend to be full of awkward middle-aged men. If you just want to make girlfriends then look for groups that are for women only. If you are in the US checkout meetup. com.

• I like the idea of dance clubs! I wish they did groups just for people in their 20s haha.

• There are meetups just for young people, 20's and 30's.

• I actually went to one! Thanks things are definitely looking up from how crap they were a month or so ago

Most Helpful Girl

• Clubbing will not fill that void. I met a crappy dude on Halloween while out w/friends, about 2 months post break up and I balled my eyes out just from sadness and frustration over my heart break. Start volunteering and getting yourself out there, even if you meet people your age doesn't mean you won't meet interesting people along the way.

• thank you I wonder what volunteering things I can do. I want someone else though im scared i'll never meet anyone (or cope a whole year without sex) haha

• You could volunteer at animal shelter, hospital, old folks home etc. No need to rush into dating, I wasn't ready to even look at another guy until 3 or 4 months down the line and only after almost a year did I start dating someone seriously.

• thanks :)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Register to meet up site you can find people with similar thoughts and interests

• have sex with somebody else.

• I've literally only ever slept with him. I kinda feel like i'm ruining that by just sleeping with a random plus I don't think I could emotionally handle it (and I have no options of potential guys anyway)

• try some other websites and Facebook groups

What Girls Said 1

• This might seem over-rated but you might want to try going to church events. Along if people tend to get involved with these things.

• yeah I think they will have lots of old people there though! thanks