Was the breakup really my fault? Does this sound like a cheat?

We dated 8 months, he was what i thought as my best friend. Well it was the end of my senior graduation and i moved 1 hour away for college, just 8 days after i moved he meets some girl but he claims that was his cousin. Then he decides that its best that we take a break but my gut insides me tells me that is more than that. He blames the break up because I lied a lot to him, but i know there was more going on his side. this happened 5 months ago and now he is in a relationship with that "cousin" and they are happy. we didn't officially break up till August yet their date is July 11th? Ummm something here doesn't sound right.

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't sound like he was honest, no. Then again, you haven't denied his accusation that you lied a lot to him and that's also important to clarify. The end result could well be that your relationship was toxic and you both made mistakes.

• Turns out he was planning to leave me for other girls on the side :) Just found that out

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like a complete douche bag and a asshole to me. its good that your not with him anymore, its all his fault by the way

• Sounds like he cheated, but if you were lying to him in the relationship, it was doomed anyways.
    I ended my past marriage mostly because of her dishonesty with me, and she didn't even cheat.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he cheated and the break up wasn't your fault but if you were lying to him a lot that wouldn't of helped the relationship

• Of course he cheated. It's obvious. No the breakup isn't your fault.