Is it ok that I want to give all my clothes away that remind me of my ex?

• Yes it's fine
  • No keep them
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1415

Most Helpful Guy

• Catharsis can be an important part of the healing process. Refusing to adopt the passive role is helpful in terms of how you feel about yourself. A ceremonial rejection of your ex- and items associated with him (or her) might be illogical if looked at dispassionately, but the benefit to your self respect probably outweighs that.

[Don't you just love the smell of amateur psychology on a Friday evening?]

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope that's perfectly fine. My last boyfriend and I were together for a while even shared a home at one point. We ended pretty sour and I ended up throwing away half my wardrobe and property because we either bought it together or bought memories of how horrible of a person he was.

Do it. If you know it'll make you feel better, do it.

What Guys Said 14

• When my ex girlfriend left me I drove to her dad's house after a long night of no sleep. The spent that night at her ex boyfriend's house and so I went to her dad's house to drop off everything I mean EVERYTHING. Including clothes she bought me, that gave her the special moment of looking at the very shirt she spent her money on. Once she got back to her dad's house 😏👌🏼 so yes either get rid of it or give it back

• It is fine. It is part of healing, forgetting and moving process.

• If it makes you sad when you see them then yes get rid of them. I've felt the same way about some clothes. I have one t-shirt where the collar is slightly stretched because my ex would grab or pull at it when we were making out. Every time I wear it and see the stretched collar it reminds me of her and makes me sad.

• Yeah , you're bitter so you want take the easy way out by throwing your clothes away that you wore reminded you of your ex. Ask yourself if you have the money
    to buy new clothes and take things from there but you know yourself the price of clothing can be extreme for sure.

• Wow! I'm the only one that voted to keep them lol I still have a bunch of stuff that reminds me of my ex. No reason to start getting rid of shit. I'd probably end up with a empty house!

• First world problems, eh?

• Its immature.

• No its your choice.

• yes its totally fine

• no sell it

• If the clothes are a reminder then get rid of them

• Nobody wants thing that remind them of bad memories.

• a lot of people do it

• Purge that shit. It's full of their mojo!

What Girls Said 13

• My mom heard a lady say once, ( i dont remember if it was a friend or a lady at a store or a talk show host or what but thats besides the point) only wear things that bring you joy. If wearing something makes you feel sad or upset or insecure, donate it and get something that makes you feel happy and confident!

• It's a personal decision that is completely up to you. Just make sure that you will be left with enough clothes, or that you can afford to replace any that you need to replace. That's really the only issue I can see with it.

• get rid of that crap. call up a friend and go shopping maby get a hair cut to match. new you new life.

• Only you truly know the answer to this one.

• Personally? I think it's perfectly fine :) I've found it much easier for me to move on when I have gotten rid a lot of things that reminded me of my ex. If that helps you, go for it

• Yeah, it's up to you. Why be stuck with things that bring up negative feelings and that you don't want?

• Totoally ok. You do whatever you need to do to feel better. Nothing wrong with that

• That's a good step

• totally ok

• yeah sure

• yes u can also give away all those things if u hv any

• I hope it isn't ALL of your clothes..

• Yes.