Have you ever been a total dick to someone, banished them from your life, and then many years later regretted it?

this happened to my brother, things ended badly with his ex but after 5 years he realized how great of a person she actually was and apologised to her and now they are on good terms. my ex cheated on me, lied, used me, dumped me, told me to get out of his life, and basically was an asshole. I'm wondering if someday he may regret this?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I'm only a dick to people who really annoy me or treat me like shit so I don't regret treating them like that

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all I'm sorry this happened to you...
    It has happened to me. But I never reached out to them.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for your ex to reach out. I've noticed douches like that never do...

• the last thing he exted me was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me, and I was positive that was the last id ever see of him... but then three months later, he unblocked me, and his name came up on my Facebook as a suggested friend. what do you think that meant, him unblocking me?

• I don't think it meant anything tbh.
      I would take the time to let him go. He really isn't worth the time

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I have, No I have never regretted it.

• even after a lot of time has passed?

• so the last thing my ex texted me was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me, and I was positive that was the last id ever see of him... but then three months later, he unblocked me, and his name came up on my Facebook as a suggested friend. what do you think that meant, him unblocking me?

• Well I've never done anything like that, cheating/dumping/banishing/blocking/then unblocking... Based on what you told me, by my standards these are My thoughts.

He has made it clear not to contact him, unblocking you does not change anything. It also doesn't matter that he unblocked you because he's human garbage, everything he does is now suspect. For example, it's possible the only reason he unblocked you is because he wants to stalk you on Facebook for some selfish reason. Or maybe he's trying to hide how shitty he is from some people who know both of you.. It's impossible to know but he can't be trusted.

I'm not sure what you want to happen with all this, are you hoping for an apology? a reconciliation? Closure? That might be a good place to start, then make your decision about him for you and stick to it, what ever you decide is best for you.

• I don't regret it, not even a little bit

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!