Should I have broken up with my boyfriend or not?

I broke up with him today because I didn't want to have to worry about him taking drugs and overdosing as he takes MD, cocaine and ket at raves and parties. But I told him that I would break up with him unless he stopped taking Xanax and Valium and only took MD at raves and parties that I wasn't going to. But he lied to me and had cocaine at two parties that I was with him at. He also deals drugs as well sometimes.

When I broke up with him today he said that he was trying to give up but I don't know if I can ever trust his word as he has lied before. So I told him the reason for us breaking up was because I did not trust him. But I love him so much and I miss him and feel as if i shouldn't have done it. He also told me he has no reason to not take drugs anymore so I am worried about him.

was I right to break up with him?

Updates:
I've talked to my ex boyfriend's best friend and told him to look out for him because I'm worried he's likely to start taking Xanax again and I feel like he'll be better at stopping him than I will be as I don't think he'll be ready to talk to me for a while.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You were right to break up with but you should still be there to help him considering he has so many addictions

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Absolutely and positively.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's your decision so yes

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!