Girlfriend when through my phone and found something, is it that bad?

I went out to the bars with a couple of good friends that I've known for many years. Two of them were guys and two were girls. I got blacked out after taking a bunch of shots and the next morning my guy friend told me that i tried to kiss one of my friends. Nothing happened and when i found out i texted her and apologized for being disrespectful. I decided not to tell my girlfriend (we've been dating for 8 months) because i didn't want to cause her any pain. This isn't who i am and it shocked and disgusted me that i lost control. A week and a half later, she went through my phone and found that text. She brought it up and i told her what happened and how i didn't want to hurt her and that its something that i thought was a personal issue that i wanted to deal with. I dont have any feeling for this friend and i told my girlfriend that the kiss meant nothing and that it was a wake up call for how easy it is to lose control. Is what i did worth breaking up with me?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It would've helped to be honest from the jump to avoid all of that but as long as you're telling the truth and it isn't gonna happen again it should be okay

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so. If you honestly don't have any feelings for her and it really was just some stupid thing that happened when you were drunk I don't think your girlfriend should make to big a deal of it... but I could see some possible trust issues forming, she might think something like this, or something more serious could happen when your drunk like maybe even trying to have sex with someone. I don't know I just think you need to look at everything from all angles, but all in all I don't think it's to big a deal as it's only happened once

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• No things happen and you apologized, plus nothing REALLY happened so she was an idiot

• No, because you seem sincere. You should convince her.

What Guys Said 1

• In short yes it is. When in a relationship nothing is a personal issue especially when it comes to something like that. Also it shows wrecklessness and irresponsibility which is grounds for breaking up.

So you tried to kiss her or do you actually kiss her as you stated that the kiss meant nothing. That technically cheating. Drunk or not.