Why do I still hate my ex so much?

We dated from January to march of last year, so we've been broken up for about 9-10 months. He got a new girlfriend in April, yet I still can't drop my resentment towards him. We broke up because he was posting pictures of his ex and never treated me like a true girlfriend, I always felt like an insignificant side girl who he just hooked up with. It was a nasty breakup--he told everyone I was crazy and jealous. Now he's in the same relationship with that girl he got with in April, and I just feel lame and defeated. I know I should move on. But I lost. He's the happy one now, -and I'm just an insignificant piece of his past. I still hate him and how he treated me, as this new girl is treated so much better. He puts pictures of her on his social media all the time, and it is clear he truly prizes her. He didn't prize me, and frankly no guy ever has. Am I irrational for loathing him?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• don't worry girl you are not alone it that bitterness hahaha, i went through that for almost 2 years. but when i talked to a nun she lights me she said he hurts you and cut so deep how to heal it. pray and forgive and start not to think about him. if you saw him accidentally one day just give him a smile and hi say. because carrying bitterness inside you its heavy, you need to move forward, past is past forget about it. its not easy but slowly when you are not thinking about soon everything will alright

• Been through it and you gotta be strong and get over him you re better off without him and its ok hating him :) gotta proof that you're better of.. His lost :)

• I can understand feeling a way because he did not treat you the same as he treats this new girl but you know what else? Regardless of how he treats you, you're still a prize. So that's his loss. You need to tell yourself that you don't need his acknowledgement to feel special. Also he's not the only guy in the world. When you meet the right guy who will give u the world I promise u this current guy ur sweating will be a faded memory. For now, do not check his social media or contact him. Just let him be. You're great without him.