Just broke up with my GF/ future wife. I don't know if I made the right decision or not?

I just broke up with my girlfriend and i don't know if it was the right discussion or not. the only reason i broke up with her is because i gave her so many chances to change how the way she talks to me. she gives me no respect at all. when we get into and argument, I've been so patient with her and gave her so many chances to change the way she talks to me, it's just so disrespectful i can't stand it. we come from a very well known respected family, and her being like that it's not going to work. Is this period thing true? are girls different when there on there period? i dont know if i made the right decision or not, i just broke up with her today.

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen, I used to be the same with my boyfriend and as we broke up once, it made me realize how bad I truly treated him and how I used to disrespect him. No one, should be accepting this, so you did the right decision, however if you still have feelings, let some days pass, hopefully maybe she´ll see her error and change so that you too could be again together.

• Thanks, so you think i should wait a couple days maybe a week? we've been together for almost a year. both our parents know, she talks to me every single morrning and every single night ever since we met, we had plans for engagement.

• she's texting me like crazy already.

• Oh then give her a last chance already but have a talk with her. A serious one and explain her what made you take this decision.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 15

• I believe that if you made your choice based on your heart, it can never be the wrong one. Always listen to what you feel, and trust that you will make the right choice (and stand by it).
    It is true that girls are different when they are on their periods, but it's not an excuse to be disrespectful towards you. I do get snappy, but always remain respectful.

• The period thing is true but if she's just using that as an advantage, it's not fair. I mean I usually warn my SO before anything happens so they know what's up but after that, I wouldn't constantly do it. If this is something you can not handle, it's better to be out of that. She can only change for herself to be honest. If the person changes for you, there would really be no improvement to themselves. get on with your life and just leave her be. Sometimes people have to lose what they really care about in order to be different. Just focus on yourself and enjoy the single life.

• I think the period thing can not be an excuse for every time you and she have a fight. i think the way she talks proves that she easily loses her temper, and she doesn't try anything to maintain the relationship. You must have loved her more than she does. I think you should give her and yourself some time alone, think about your relationship whether it deserves another chance or not. if she loves you, she will recognize her fault and maybe you guys can start again. But you should never be the one who says first. she will think she is right and she will still be stubborn as she used to be, and that means she will never change her attitude!!!

• I think you did make the right decision since you gave her so many chances and she's giving you a bad attitude all the time you argue with her. I dont think its a healthy relationship if you always argue. Also girls are kind of different when there on there eriod. They can be more emotional, more annoyed and irritated much quicker than usual

• You made the right decision from what you're telling us 👌🏼

• The most important thing is that you were not happy with her. Your happiness is the first priority and if she could not give that to you then she is not the one.

• It will keep working if both people truly genuinely want to work it out. And yes girls can get emotional/angry around and/or period time.
    If you are going to marry her I've heard from friends that the dating part is the easiest, once you're married you'll have to face them more often and that makes arguments more challenging.
    If you're unsure, I think over time you'll figure out the answer because that feeling of love will stay. And forgiveness and patience is a part of love.

• First of all & most importantly. Are you ok? How are you?
    Let me just say people never change... someone can make them bring out the best of themselves for better but that's one in a million buddy.
    They say that when you see those little flaws that bother you & you think they might change they won't. It's better for you to realize she has no respect for you than when you both are signing up for a divorce.
    If you love her then be patient with her but by the looks of it it's looks like you have taken the last towel.
    Honestly it's ok to feel like crap... it understandable you guys probably were in a really stable relationship, but you know what? There will be a women who respects you & who truly values what you do for her.
    Hang in there bud ! I know it's tough but you'll get through it... go to the gym , get a new haircut or even get new outfits.

• Thanks. I'm fine i guess I don't know. Im the type of guy that can take hits but i can't let someone else take the hit.. like i feel bad that i broke up with her cuz i dont want to hurt her.

• sometimes when girls get moody we can act in a way we wouldn't normally do but if she's just disrespectful all the time and doesn't apologise then she's not the right one for you, to be honest i dont think the period thing is true im never moody when im on my period im only moody when i want to be but i dont know what the case is for your girlfriend but if she loves you then she'll change

• well she loves me a lot, more then i love her. should i just not talk to her until a weak or so?

• no talk to her and sort it out, you shouldn't ignore her like this there could be so many reasons why she's acting like that

• Ummm, your jumping all over the place. First thing your talking about your ex, now your talking about girls and their period?

• well she's on her period. as of now, the day i broke up with her.

• well she keeps saying she's not like the other girls,

• True. Every girl is unique and different.

• girls are different on their period

• You can't let little arguments ruin your relationship. Think of all the good times that you had and all the bad times. If everyone left when times for hard, a good part of humanity would not exist.

• what were the arguments about? do you think respect if lost between you two?

• Silly things thay she started argueing about. Unnecessary

• Are they silly to her as well?

• I don't know. She would always start something randomly.

• I was literally in the exact same situation like a month ago.
    You made the right decision for how you guys are right now. I'd give It a little bit before you ever think of giving her another chance.

And yes girls are more emotional on their periods but she can't blame it all on that

• You're so fucking sensitive! Have a good time

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds like the right move to me. She was never your future wife. She was just your girlfreind. You gave her an importance that she never had. Women are only slightly different on their period yet a lot of women use that excuse to be a bitch.

• You made the right decision. It's not just the period thing. Constant arguments with your partner are an indicator that she doesn't respect you. Women get very submissive around guys they truly like and very pessimistic around guys they don't like/have lost interest in.

This is becoming a SERIOUS issue around here where we have 50% Asians and 50% white people. I have had 2 Asian friends tell me that they feel their Asian boyfriends are too soft and it leads to constant arguments. Hence the reason around here, Asian woman Caucasian man couples are so common (including myself).

• Sounds like the right decision to me.