Was deleting my ex actually a good idea?

So after a month after my break up, I finally built up the courage? to delete and block my ex from all social media. I feel relieved and yet a little regretful.

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing.. . keeping him around in any form is bad. Get a move on with your life... this will definitely help.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 13

• Ehhh , sure but if you have to rely on blocking to keep yourself from stalking then it's not really a clean cut is it. Got some cleaning to do I reckon.

• Probably the best thing you could of done.

• Great idea. Move on with your life.

• Do you still like him as a person? Or do you think you made a mistake?

• It's a great step in moving on

• Yes, because in todays dating it seems like everyone holds onto an ex so by blocking him you can officially move on

• Not sure it's the best idea. Unless he is being stalkerish

• Why would it be a bad ide? Curious on your opinion

• From my personal experience it's useful to have them contactable. Various reasons. Let's say as a hypothetical you want to make them jealous of ur new boyfriend or whatever

• Great idea!

• It was a good idea. Keep strong.

• yes..

• good idea

• ABSOLUTELY. You can't FB Stalk and neither can she. .

• Yes, good move. He is ancient history.. you need to move on.

What Girls Said 10

• Bravo. First steps in moving on! You did the right thing in doing that, as that is what you should have done the first time it happened. The only reason why you're regretting it now is because you missed what you had. And usually, it was fake and not the real deal depending on why it ended. But its for the best. You have to get your life in order.

• YEAHHH. I did the same almost two months ago and It feels great tbh. Trust me you did good.

• Did you keep mutual friends? Because I like all of his friends still.

• BEST IDEA. Only because it will help you move forward, you will not be lingering. If its meant to be it will be, it shouldn't be left to social media games, because realistically thats all it will be if you keep them. It doesn't mean you don't still care about them it just shows you are ready to move forward and font want to fall into that funk. Life is what you make of it, too short for online bullshit

• If you felt relieved it was totally worth it! It's hard to move on still thinking about an ex so I say great job! :)

• This almost regretful feeling though, I feel sort of weird about it

• Also, what do I do about mutual friends? I like all the people I met via him.

• I would just remain friendly with everyone I've met and let them make the decision

• You did the right thing!

• thats better so its easy to move on and be confident and be happy again

• Yes!

• Guys are assholes. Delete him and don't look back.

• Absolutely the best thing you could have done

• Yes, but only if you want to move on from it. Don't let regret make you unblock him. Your regret will pass eventually.