Was she right in leaving me?

This is a question that has plagued me for a few months. Let me. explain. I and my ex dated for over two years when we were studying. she finished her job and went on to get a job. i was still studying then with a very low paying salary as a trainee. i have been behind my education quite a lot and earn a below average salary.

when her parents asked her about her plans for marriage, she completely ignored me, and went on to breakup with me saying we dating itself was a mistake and she did it out of sympathy for me.

On one hand I feel betrayed that she did this to me.. and on the other i feel she too deserves happiness.. if i can't support her well financially she has the right to walk out..

what do u people think?

• she's right in her decision, she shouldn't suffer for my financially crippled situation.
    29%(2)44%(4)Vote100%(2)
  • she's wrong. Should not have led me on if she want happy
    71%(5)56%(5)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's as simple as that. I definitely don't think she should have led you on, but that also may have been said to hurt you so you wouldn't push her to keep the relationship going.
    Was she further along in her education and career? Is she more motivated and goal orientated than you are, or was she expecting you to earn bigger so she could stay home and not work?
    If she didn't have selfish expectations then it could have just been that you weren't compatible and she wanted to end it before more questions about the "next steps" started from your families

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• She shouldn't of led you on. If she only did it out of sympathy it shouldn't of lasted 2 years.

• Sounds like you dodged a bullet

• Her life she do what she want. We can't really judge her choices

What Guys Said 1

• I ain't sayin' she's a g... but she ain't messin' with no broke n...