Should I move on? And if so how the hell do I do it?

My ex girlfriend was the love of my life and she broke up with me after a big fight where i really hurt her feelings. But its been like 5 weeks since we broke up and she blocked me and I don't know if there's any chance to get back together. Since people found out we broke up pretty much every time i go hang out with friends i get an opportunity to get laid, and a couple of them even want more with me than just sex. From the outside it would seem i should have no trouble moving on with all these other opportunities but i keep passing them up cuz all i can think about is my ex and i dont even have any desire for anyone but her. I kissed a couple women but it didn't help it just made me feel worse so i didn't let it go further. This isn't normal for me I've never felt like this. What should i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I value love enormously and believe you should do WHATEVER to make it work if you are still in love with her.

You guys broke up after a fight, which means the decisions were not rational for either of you, so there are ways to fix it, though you would have to work harder to have her forgive you. If you were the one who broke it off, try contact her and let her know how much you are sorry; if she was the one who broke it off, you may want to wait a bit longer before you contact her so she can have the time to digest and feel your absence.

Love cures all in the end. Good luck!

• Thats what i want but its tough cuz she blocked me so i can't call or text her. I sent her a letter apologizing, telling her how i feel and saying i hope she decides that we can be in contact even if we dont get back together. But its been a few days so im sure it wouldve reached her by now. Im hoping she read it and just needs time and didn't just rip it up lol

• I would suggest you go and see her at her parents' place. It takes a lot more courage to see her there, which shows how much you care. Her parents may get mad at you, which would serve you well that she may see how sorry you are. You have to go through the toughest to show your apology!

• Yea i would agree with you except her dad is not someone who would be willing to hear me out or let me talk to her if he didn't want me there. I feel like that would blow up in my face and just make the situation worse

Most Helpful Guy

• It is perfectly normal to feel this way. I know how you feel and it is the worst. There are no words to describe it. I felt completely hopeless when it happened to me. It feels like there is a hole in your chest. The first month is the hardest. It'll hit you in ways you've never felt before.

It happened to me too. We got into a huge fight and I was stupid and hurt her feelings in a way I thought I was never capable of. I loved her more than anything in the world. After all those years, I still do a little. It hurt me more than it hurt her. When it happened to me I cried for days. She refused to talk to me. Blocked me. Deleted me from her contacts. Told her friends to never talk to me again. I was a wrecked.

If you truly know that she is the love of your life, you need to try and fix things. If she truly is the love if your life then you can never really move on if you know you didn't do your best to get her back.

Fight for her. Talk to her. Don't call. Don't text. Talk to her face to face.

If she refuse, ask one of her friends to tell her that you need to apologise so you can move on. Just say what you need to say to get her to talk to you in person.

If it doesn't work at all, write her a letter. Don't type. Write with a pen on paper. Tell her what an idiot you've been. Tell her how sorry you are. Tell her how much you love her. Tell her that you will do anything just to talk to her.

Apologize and do what you can to get her back.

Try my friend, try before you give up.

Take it from a guy that know how it actually feels. I took it really hard. I knew in my mind that I need to stop crying but my heart wouldn't let me stop. I actually cried at night to sleep for 5 weeks. I didn't try and I regret it to this day. That's going to eat you up inside.

No matter what anyone says, loosing the your first love is going to be the most difficult thing in the world. If gets better but it takes a long time. I'd be lying if I say that you'll get over it because you never really can (and I don't know how). It's been almost 7 years for me and I'm finally ready to move on and fall in love again. Believe me when I say that I don't wish that kind of pain on anyone, not even on my worst enemy.

• If you really need to move on, try taking it one day at a time. Focus on what you need to do for that day and do it. Keep your mind busy and occupied. It is the only way. Meaning less involvement with other women will do you no good. A relationship after a break up like that is not good for the relationship. It'll take time but it'll heal to some extent. That is all I can say because that is all I know.

I beg you my friend, try before you give up...

• Ok. Thanks again

• You're welcome

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• yes move on

What Guys Said 1

• Moving on isn't necessarily moving on with someone else. My advice is always find your passion and purpose and help others. Replacing grief with accomplishment will chip away at that pain and allow you to move on normally.

• Makes sense. Its tough when i feel like i lost the passion and purpose i already had