Getting over a breakup too quick?

So, my boyfriend broke up with me a week ago. He already re-did his dating profile on the site we were on and and seems to have moved on already. I am still trying to get over the break up and don't know if I can move on for a long time. We have been dating for nine months and we had some bumps in the road like any normal relationship and liked each other.
Is that quick time frame for someone to get over a breakup and jump back in the dating world?
Since he initiated the break up does that mean he would get over our relationship faster than me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He was probably mostly over it before he even told you. He was laying the groundwork awhile in advance, you can bet on that. Also, guys tend to move on faster than girls; it's just how we are, emotionally. Not every guy, to be sure, but many of them.

What Guys Said 4

• You cannot tell how someone is feeling from online activity. Guys might get straight back into dating to avoid the pain of a breakup. We're better at patching up our egos than we are at dealing with emotions.

That said, if he broke up with you then it could just be that he is over you. You can pretty much be over someone by the time that you actually break up with them, barring residual emotions.

The point is that his online activity doesn't tell you anything about how he is feeling. It's also pretty irrelevant how he is feeling because you're not together anymore. Yes, your ego would feel better if he's missing you but unfortunately he is not going to be the remedy for your pain. You are going to have to heal like everyone else, in time and by your own means.

• Everyone is different. My ex and I dated for 3 years. It took me a month to get outta my funk and she was already with another the the day it happened. The best advice I can give to you is fuck this guy. You can't better yourself if you're worried about him and how he feels. Be a better you. Get over him on your own and you'll be so much stronger for doing so. And here soon you'll realize he wasn't worth it, and you never needed him. It's tough but time heals. I promise.

• some people choose to move on much sooner than others , perhaps he was just ready for something else. you don't have to move on rate away if your not ready , its better not to date new people if your not ready

• With some people they will take some time for it to hit them what's happened my last breakup was 2 years ago it hit me 3 months ago

What Girls Said 1

• What was the reason of the breakup? If the breakup ended up in bad terms, then he might just trying to get over it by dating other girls, and it's probably a rebound relationship. Nothing serious.