In a relationship with someone I'm not happy with but very comfortable with?

Bare with me here people this is a long one..

Okay so me and my current boyfriend have been together almost 2 years now. He's a good guy but just very lazy and doesn't seem to want to work or do anything for himself..

Anyways there's a lot of other little things wrong with my relationship like the fact he's 24 and has never hit puberty.. Yes he has medically never grown up even his male parts are.. Underdeveloped.. Anyways that's not the reason I'm so unhappy I truly thibk it's toxic.. Now here's where I need my advice...

I can't seem to be alone.. I hate it.. I hate sleeping alone, living alone, coming home from work alone, going places by myself so I guess out of comfort I always have him come back and can't seem to leave.. Anyways help.. Advice would be great..

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you're both too comfortable to be honest. You're just as bad for not wanting to walk away because "We've been together so long" ... it's two years not twenty.

Give him a friendly kick in the ass by saying this to him. If either of you care enough then once someone actually walking away is on the table things will start moving. If not? Ending something like this can only be good longer term. It's going nowhere. Better now then when you're 30 and recent each other for holding each others lives back.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can never be fully independent and happy unless you can feel comfortable being on your own. If you always depend on other people you'll always be in a relationship with the wrong guy. You'll settle rather than wait.

You deserve to be with someone who you feel comfortable and happy with. He deserves the opportunity to be with a girl who feels happy with him. So it's kinder to the both of you to end it.

Allow this as an opportunity to make you stronger and more independent , as well as more self-reliant Then when you meet the right guy he'll enrich your life and just add extra happiness to your existing happiness

What Guys Said 9

• Has he been to a doctor regarding his underdevelopment? If not I would make this priority for him. It could be that his extreme laziness is tied in to a medical condition. That would be a step he needs to help get his life on track. // Now as for your relationship with him... I'll leave that for the other posters...

• I'll keep this simple.
    You are not doing either of yourselves any favours by staying in this.

Find a man that meets your needs, and move on with your life.
    It might also be the kick up the ass your boyfriend needs to finally grow up and be a man

• Abandon ship. He will only hold you back, you need to grow. We all get lonely but hating being alone can be bad. I'm not saying this will happen to you but i've seen girls post break up regardless of the circumstances get a make over, party and try to get with like 10 dudes in a month and either these things or a combination happen.
    A. She tries and fails, has an emotional break down and looks pathetic and no one will touch her.
    B. She sleeps with everyone on the Chicago Bulls but no one wants to be near her because that is considered grimy in some areas of the world
    C. She finds some total chump and drives him crazy
    So you need to break up with him, learn to be alone and grow

• Talk to him about it. Show him that you deserve better. Tell his ass to do better. Show and tell him that you expect more out of him instead of putting up with the little that he does now. You may be comfortable now but what also matters is your happiness, so kick his ass until he man's up, mentally man's up at least. 😂😂😂

• Yeah I've tried, he can't handle people telling him what to do he replies as a child would and starts a fight or gives an attitude

• Keep telling him how your feel and about the problems. If all else fails treat him the way he acts,. like a child. I knkw you hate being alone and he propbably knows that, so take him out of his comfort zone and show him that how you feel and your opinons matter. Cus sooner or later he gonna think, oh shit I'm really about to lose this girl over some bullshit.

• underdeveloped or he's just below average?

If you don't even know why you're unhappy then have a heart to heart with your boyfriend..

• Try to get him to better himself for him and the relationship. If he doesn't then you should leave him. You should not be with someone just because they fill the loneliness

• you definitely need to make a change, the relationship is going nowhere. You could either find someone else now and then break up and move i guess. Otherwise being alone is a part of breaking up with someone that sucks but certainly builds character.

• I'm Sorry , But you need a man, someone who you can confide in and depend on, a man who is capable and wants for you the best, a man who puts you first and wants a deep and fulfilling and intimate relationship

• if you are not happy than there is no point in dating that guy.

What Girls Said 3

• Break up and get a dog. If you're always rushing into relationships because you think you need someone instead of because you legitimately like the other person you're never going to be happy.

• Omg that's terrible. Being alone is learnable. You can't make any progress in life without getting out of your comfort zone. Or try to find someone else to replace him

• break up and get a dog yessssssss great idea a puppy

• Haha I have a puppy she's 7 months actually lmao

• Yes this is true

• maybe have your friends keep u busy and try new things to keep busy helps after a breakup