When would you feel justified for ghosting someone?

Everyone says to never ghost. But there's gotta be some situations where you think, "they don't deserve an explanation". Right?

94

Most Helpful Guy

• I've neverstood it myself, everything will be going ok day to day then one day they just up and start avoiding you, I lost a friend of 20 years like this. We were close like brothers. Distanced himself and blocked me doesn't answer calls. I seen him about a year ago at the store and he seemed apprehensive like why am I talking to him, but he spoke first, told me morning. I said the same and walked out haven't seen him to this day. As I drove down the road I had a nagging feeling to go back and talk, but I never did. If I ever get another chance I'll make an effort to see what I can do to restore the friendship. That is a long time to know somebody. Since elementary school

Most Helpful Girl

• I just recently had this happen to me didn't see it coming. I was talking to this guy and it was serious just friends with benefits. But we did end up as friends and would even hang out without doing any fooling around. One day I see him like normal except he was with his friends and we made plans to hang out again the next day. I go to ask him what time he was coming and got no response. Tried texting and one call which. After that I just didn't try I figured he probably got busy since he did work a lot. But nope nothing nada he just completely went mia on me. I don't know what went wrong and I thought we were coo. I just think its rude especially if you've spent a great deal of time with someone. Were adults at least have the respect to end things right.

What Guys Said 3

• Either they don't deserve one or they wouldn't be able to understand an explanation. Or is they are too unstable to handle the truth.

And at times, you don't want to say goodbye, you just need a break from the intensity of the relationship. So you disappear without any formal goodbye. Hopefully, just for a while..

• Oh yes, when the other person becomes a stalker, it is time to ghost.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 8

• 1. If they were very disrespectful towards you
    2. If you tell them over and over that ur not interest/lost interest and they keep contacting you

• After separation from husband, some male friends tried to come closer. One of them was initially very respectful, seemed caring and nice. We continued chatting. One day he asked me for pic, dressed in minimum. I was surprised, but didn't do it. Later, probably sensing my frustration, sent me his own pic with underwear only, texting the virtues and enjoyment of sex. When he asked my nude pic, I had no option but to ghost (at that time I had moved to another city).

• Ghost someone?

• Dissapearing (not replying to there messages answering their calls etc..) hoping they will just stop calling and texting without explaining why you don't want to talk to them.

• @ThatUnknownGirl oh then I did, when guy tried to ask me for pics and they send me pics... In school they would try to use "friendly force" so I would tell them why I didn't send then a pic. That's when I ghost them

• I have ghosted so many people.
    You don't HAVE to explain yourself for everything.

• When the person is verbally abusive or disrespectful in any kind of way.

• When he doesn't do what I say.

• what does godting someone mean?

• Just completely ignoring someone hoping they will get the hint that you no longer want to talk to them / be friends with or date them anymore.

• @ThatUnknownGirl ohh i did it to my ex after breaking up

• I only do that if I feel I'm being played and manipulated. Players and manipulative people only deserve your silence, not an explanation