I needed to have my heart broken?

For the first time I fell in love and it hit me like a pile of bricks as soon as they broke my heart.

But I feel like that's what I needed. I was too emotional, unstable, and devoted myself to my partner more than I should of. I would sacrifice my needs and wants. I dated in the past and had serious relationships. But not like this one.

This heartbreak really changed something in me. Can anyone else relate?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes we need to learn the hard way. I have been in that position before. It definitely was eye opening. Definitely was a learning experience. But it'll make you cautious. Difficulty in opening up to someone can be a good thing (sometimes), it'll take the right person for you to open up to. Perhaps someone worth opening up to anyways

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Yea I've been there. A few years ago a girl I really fell for was banned from seeing me by her parents. I begged them to change their minds but they wouldn't budge. They were a religious family and I wasn't so the discord ended up tearing things apart. It didn't stop me from writing a poem for her every single day until her birthday 5 months later and me delivering them to her house. She didn't come downstairs to see me, and from what I gathered, she didn't want anything else to do with me. A few weeks later her best friend tells me that she's with someone else and I was devastated. Part of me feels like I'll never love anyone else like that again. Partially because of a need to protect myself and partially because I feel like I've lost the ability to devote myself to someone that wholly.

• yes completly but not with a sexuall partner i had a very strong friendship which lasted 9 years he where so close that the love we had for each other someone might of thought we were brothers and we considered each other as brothers pulling away changed me forever

• can you message me :) I can relate

• I felt that way before. I remember I used to be ignorant to how the world of dating worked. Meeting someone falling in love isn't the only part of the relationship. You can do your best and love your SO with all your heart but that doesn't guarantee success or happiness. Knowing what you want is the key.

• That's why I don't want an older girl that has had that happen to her. I want someone that can still be really devoted, emotional, and happy about it, feeling really close. Once they have been broken too badly, I don't believe they can actually be in love again.

What Girls Said 1

• My best friend broke my heart. I needed it too. I needed to understand what we actually are... I needed to, see. I needed to believe. It's changed me, in more ways than anything. But a positive change, helping me to gain personal growth.