Why do happy marriages end?

What do you think about this subject?Why do happy marriages end?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• For a lot of reasons. Stats say that women initiate divorce 70%of the time. But you can't completely fault them for that because better than half the time the guy has quit being a real man, a leader in his marriage. Guys will tend to just hang in there hoping it will get better. They are not likely to give up if things are bad. Women OTOH get to a point where they can't take it anymore and bail.

Both parties get lazy. They get fat. Don't pay attention to the other, sex goes away. Women can and will just shut down sexually. And the guy bitches and whines because she won't have sex anymore. Then some attractive guy comes along and pays attention to her so she bails or has an affair. Or the guy does if he maintains himself.

Bottomline is the burden of performance remains on the man. He must maintain his physique, and his desirability. If he does the woman will tend to stay engaged. If he slacks off she gets bored, or worse begins to loathe him.

People tend to treat strangers better than their spouse. People tend to quit being gracious, and generous. Women will weaponize sex - withhold to control him

There's a start sonny. :)

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and they're not always so happy. Every marriage has issues, problems. They may look all peachy on the outside, but most of them have problems you don't see. So when they blow up it comes as a surprise to people that know them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy marriages don't.
    People don't air their problems, especially these days. We put everything on social media presenting these amazing filtered lives, and when people ask how we are it's always "good thanks".
    That doesn't mean there aren't problems between a couple, it's just kept quiet until they decide to end it

0|2
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• People grow apart, i think the biggest factor to this is that they get married too young and for the wrong reason. That being said, I'm sure there are older people that meet get married and divorced, but yea, I think they grow apart also. People change over a long period of time, and what they wanted and thought was great before, they just don't feel that it's great anymore. I'm talking about everything, no just the spouse.

0|0
    0|0
  • This question has many answers. The marriage may not have truly been a "happy" one, cheating, mistrust, too much maintenance for the happy marriage to survive, the marriage preventing people from doing what they want to do in other areas of life, the marriage could feel old and worn out, kids, maybe the marriage was fresh and joyful at first but eventually lost its luster and now seems like the two are shackled to one and other. Most importantly, I would say that people today do not realize how sacred marriage is. In a world where people now get on Tinder to bang whoever they want left and right, people can independently survive, and certain things like social media have changed human practices tremendously, is it any surprise that people who don't seem that intelligent throughout the world anyways could hop into a contract of marriage that they do not even have the comprehension to knowledge its worth? Perhaps it only had worth for a certain time, and the new world doesn't have much room for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very simple. 2 main reasons.

1) you settled for somebody you weren't fully attracted to.
    Or 2) more commonly, who you are when you get married is different to the person who you can be 10 years later. People change and that person you were attracted to before may not be there after a while.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because one of them gets cancer or another fatal illness.
    Or because one of them isn't like the other had hoped he/she would be, after a number of years.

0|0
    0|0
  • The pair is often not compatible beyond the initial physical attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Misunderstandings. That's the crux, I believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Practical reasons, or the marriage wasn't really that happy for at least one of the partners.

0|1
    0|0
  • Either the happiness is a front and they are not as happy as you think or one of them dies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because God killed Lenny's rabbit.

0|1
    0|0
  • usually for stupid reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there's no such thing as true love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Broken trust, lack of understanding

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure if it was happy , it wouldn't end. No?

0|0
    0|0
  • Happiness is only temporary

0|0
    0|0
  • because they aren't really happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was a happy marriage, it wouldn't end

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's the real life

0|0
    0|0
  • One person dies of old age?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I think most of the time, what "appears" to be happiness on the surface isn't really happiness on the surface. There are a lot of underlying issues with unhappy marriages that a lot of people outside of the couples lives can't see. We all know that happy marriages don't end

0|0
    0|0
  • Depression, mental illness, substance abuse issues, neglect, lack of communication, spending way too much time at work, financial struggles.

0|1
    0|0
  • -stress of life
    -no time to keep up connection
    -grow to be too different, who you marry at 25 may not be the same person at 40

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriages end usually because of infidelity. This is always usually the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they weren't happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • because one side decides to stop fighting for the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they aren't actually happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're no longer happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Happy marriages do not end. However, marriages filled with dishonesty, lack of trust, infidelity and secrets are factors that cause a marriage to end

0|1
    0|0
  • they have problems for some reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause either one of them lost the feeling they once have.

0|0
    0|0