Should I be worried that my boyfriend is going to break up with me?

He hardly ever text me anymore, maybe a few times a day he says he is really into his video games and not to get offended. When we are together he acts perfectly normal and talks about future plans. Like us both getting the same weekend off so we can spend the whole day together and about me meeting his moms side of the family. We have been together for 4 months. He is 29 and I am 21

146

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest lesson I learned going through my very unwanted divorce is one persons love can't keep a relationship together. If the other person doesn't want you for whatever reason, it doesn't work. We date to find that person that works. It isn't your fault or his fault it doesn't work, you just have different likes/dislikes. That is why your dating and don't go right to marriage. Once that kinda sank in, I stopped taking any breakup personally. Sure I was sad at a couple. But I don't want to be with anyone that doesn't want to be with me. I know that is easier said then done sometimes, but it is very true.

Most Helpful Girl

• ou can worry about it and it will or will not happen. you can not worry about it and it will or will not happen

the difference is whether yo waste your life worrying.

also do you want someone who you feel insecure with?

although its ok if you're not texting all day. you could even not get at all and still be t together.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• To me it just sounds like you two have gotten "comfortable" with each other, ie, there is no need to text constantly etc. This isn't necessarily a "bad" thing. In fact, it can be a very good thing. But, if it's bothering you (and obviously it is), just talk to him about it. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about though.

• He is 29 years old and still preoccupied with his video games? Do you see any problem with that?

• thats not what the question asked he works 2 jobs and has a lot going on

• Sometimes, the advice you most need to hear is not the advice which you requested.

• naa if your a gamer you dont want no interuptions but if you have a girlfriend the normal reaction would be to stop what your doing to talk to them if he's 29 he should be putting you first

• Don't sell yourself short, go on about your business and you'll thank yourself later.

• yeah 29 sounds like a baby turning 13 still gaming. kill him with kindness. baby him. i bet he'll learn to treat you a bit better if you teacher just hold him by the hands in other words.

What Girls Said 13

• My SO is a gamer and he does this mostly when he is stressed out. I'd give it space. I do the same thing when I am stressed, I need to escape a little and not focus on anything except immersing myself in an activity. (Knitting, design, gaming, reading, marathoning a show.) He sounds like he's just feeling a bit withdrawn lately. It happens. As long as he's still treating you well, you two should be fine. Don't let it cause tension. 😊

• He still messages everyday so I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage. As long as he is still showing other signs of interest, which he seems to be, I wouldn't get worked up over it too much

Usually when you've been seeing someone for a while the texting does become less, but the quality of the texts shouldn't.

• Doesn't seem like something to worry about, honestly. I'm only 22, but I've been playing video games since I was about 7. I expect video games to remain a primary hobby of mine for many years to come. Try not to let people tell you that your boyfriend needs to "grow up". I've learned a good portion of my vocabulary from video games as a child.

• IF HE'S PLAYING VIDEO GAMES DON'T FEEL OFFENDED BECAUSE IT IS LIKELY THATS WHY HE CAN'T ANSWER.
    I would know.
    I''m that girl.
    Other than that, have you thought have you talked to him about this feeling and fear you have? I would bring it up to be honest.
    Maybe even try playing some video games with him.

• As a gamer I would say its probably just that. He's just into his game rn. It seems from what you said he's normal otherwise. I wouldn't read into it too much.

• I think you're just insecure. Nothing you described is a sign that he wants to break up...

Some people just don't like texting all the time..

• I don't see any red flags by what you've said, but it's always good to listen to our intuition. I would rather call my boyfriend than text sporadically. Just give him a call so you can talk about your day.

• I think that guys simetimes grow tired of texting with time.

It can simply be a bother to them sometimes.

But If i was you id tell him about how it was making me feel, and ask if there was some sort of compromise you could reach?

• No. If you that big part of his family he's not thinking about breaking up with you. He just enjoys being alone a lot. If you liked video games, you would enjoy toguether, but that would be changing yourself for him, wich might not be the best thing to do.

• He should be talking to you more... try texting him more. Maybe he's not really the texting type if he seems to be fine irl and still into you

• I know how you feel! my boyfriend does the same thing sometimes and I just keep the conversation short. Some men get fully wrapped up in videogames and have a hard time splitting their time. Im sure if hed want to leave you he would come out and say it

• I wouldn't over stress. He is older which makes a difference in a good way. Constant texting and calls where you end up sitting there quiet because you've already talked about everything is the fastest way to breakup

• Don't stress over it! Just talk with your boyfriend and be sure to know what he has in mind. Communication is a key to the problems in a relationship.