Ever regretted ending it with someone? What's your story?

Curious to know if anyone ever regretted ending it with someone, guy or girl? What are the reasons for regret?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I have the feeling of regret, when I look back on the relationship. I take all the good parts and pieces and think it wasn't that bad, sometimes miss it. But I always come back to the same conclusion, I made the write decision for myself. I try looking back at it as a whole, my mistakes, his mistakes and learn from it. I know I had valid reason to end it, in the long run I am much more happier and in a better place in my life. He held me back from my education and growing as a person. Now I'm in a healthy relationship and will be getting my degree next year. I did this in 2 years after the break up, and that relationship took 6 years from me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no regret ending things in the past. I have a few regrets as to how I did it in some cases.

There were some cases where I felt like I had to be callous to really drive the girl away. I probably could have been a bit more sensitive.

In particular there is this one girl whose very lasting image in my mind was of her crying while I gave her the cold shoulder. She couldn't accept my choice to break up with her. I started off as gently and as delicately as I could, but her refusal to accept made me increasingly adopt a firmer stance until I acted rather coldly towards her.

Not sure there was any other way to break up with her (she started coming over to my apartment uninvited after that), but I regret that I made her cry so much in the process.

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I think if it's meant to workout it'll be obvious as hell so I don't regret my previous relationships ending. One or both people in my scenarios didn't want to try anymore so it would never have continued anyway. What I do regret is I could have just let the relationship end when it wasn't working out anymore because I was dragging it out and that just hurt both people. Just extra negativity and pain that could have been prevented. And also I wanted to leave something positive and intact about the relationship. You know like a final confirmation like yea it didn't workout but i don't regret giving my time/ heart to this person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never ended it with someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't regret ending a relationship , because I focus on the reasons why I had to end it. I may miss him and have regrets that it failed though.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I regret the times when I was young and chased older girls, and didn't knowhow to handle the situation. Not my fault for being young, but still...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't regret ending exactly cause I understand why it wouldn't work, but I do regret that is didn't work out I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Not any actual relationships but potential ones. I ruined my chances with a woman I really liked because I felt I wasn't good enough and a couple of women I did not give a fair chance to who had asked me out.

0|0
    0|0