Ever regretted ending it with someone? What's your story?

Curious to know if anyone ever regretted ending it with someone, guy or girl? What are the reasons for regret?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I have the feeling of regret, when I look back on the relationship. I take all the good parts and pieces and think it wasn't that bad, sometimes miss it. But I always come back to the same conclusion, I made the write decision for myself. I try looking back at it as a whole, my mistakes, his mistakes and learn from it. I know I had valid reason to end it, in the long run I am much more happier and in a better place in my life. He held me back from my education and growing as a person. Now I'm in a healthy relationship and will be getting my degree next year. I did this in 2 years after the break up, and that relationship took 6 years from me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no regret ending things in the past. I have a few regrets as to how I did it in some cases.

There were some cases where I felt like I had to be callous to really drive the girl away. I probably could have been a bit more sensitive.

In particular there is this one girl whose very lasting image in my mind was of her crying while I gave her the cold shoulder. She couldn't accept my choice to break up with her. I started off as gently and as delicately as I could, but her refusal to accept made me increasingly adopt a firmer stance until I acted rather coldly towards her.

Not sure there was any other way to break up with her (she started coming over to my apartment uninvited after that), but I regret that I made her cry so much in the process.

What Girls Said 3

• I think if it's meant to workout it'll be obvious as hell so I don't regret my previous relationships ending. One or both people in my scenarios didn't want to try anymore so it would never have continued anyway. What I do regret is I could have just let the relationship end when it wasn't working out anymore because I was dragging it out and that just hurt both people. Just extra negativity and pain that could have been prevented. And also I wanted to leave something positive and intact about the relationship. You know like a final confirmation like yea it didn't workout but i don't regret giving my time/ heart to this person.

• I've never ended it with someone

• I don't regret ending a relationship , because I focus on the reasons why I had to end it. I may miss him and have regrets that it failed though.

What Guys Said 3

• I regret the times when I was young and chased older girls, and didn't knowhow to handle the situation. Not my fault for being young, but still...

• I don't regret ending exactly cause I understand why it wouldn't work, but I do regret that is didn't work out I guess

• Not any actual relationships but potential ones. I ruined my chances with a woman I really liked because I felt I wasn't good enough and a couple of women I did not give a fair chance to who had asked me out.