How to get over a break up?

6 year relationship with highschool sweetheart. Already tried drugs, alcohol, and random hookups. shit doesn't work. someone help me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I know that it hurts a lot but you need to occupy your time and mind with close friends and activities you enjoy. You are not gonna stop thinking about him but it won't be constant. I tried getting with as many women as possible after my relationship ended and it hurt me more because she was all I thought about.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need time and to start working on yourself. Writing in a journal, talking to your friends or a trusted family member and finding new hobbies are also helpful.

What is not helpful is what you're doing, because you're not dealing with the pain by engaging in random hookups or drinking or doing drugs. Instead what you're doing is putting a temporary proverbial Band-Aid on your feelings while engaging in activities that are a detriment to you and can harm you. I know it hurts but you have to deal with your pain and allow yourself to feel it before you start healing.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• First step is to forgive yourself, you haven't and you haven't forgiven the other person as well.

• stop doing all 3. take a vacation with a friend. see some shit. adventure. be YOU for a while. you'll enjoy it

• Start looking for someone else.

• You need to be around friends and find yourself a hobby/outdoor activity. I've been through it and it is not easy. Keeping yourself distracted can help you cope with it until you've gotten over her

What Girls Said 2

• Be by yourself.

• well for me it worked tho i reflect and soul searching try to travel, the good thing when i travel for soul searching i met nuns and they helped me to get over it