Why does he pick these type of females over me and then later on come back and try to apologize? Should I keep ignoring him or should I take him back?

My ex boyfriend has recently tried to contact me, but I have been ignoring him. The last time we spoke it was a huge argument about him being controlling and unfaithful. He has put me through a lot which still hurts. I have suffered with severe anxiety and my confidence has been low every since I broke up with him. When he was controlling, often times he would tell me what to do, what to wear, how to speak. At one point I thought he was doing this to protect me, but eventually I realized it was just him being insecure. For instance, if another guy gave me a compliment, he would blame me for my appearance. In short, I would sacrificed my happiness to make him happy. I thought if I listened to him he would then see that I am a good girl. Unfortunately, when I did he became more controlling. Far as him being unfaithful, I have caught him talking to several other girls. These girls that he cheated on me with have no class what so ever. What I don't understand about him is how he expressed to me in the beginning he doesn't like girls who have no self respect, but every time I caught him cheating on me it was with some Ratchet no class Female. I am hurt and confused because I tried to be the best girlfriend for him and he didn't appreciate it. I even questioned what do these other girls have that I don't? He has tried to reach me over and over, but I don't know if I should answer him... What should I do?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Hold your head up high girlfriend. If you weren't cherished, appreciated, valued, respected and loved, then you owe it to yourself to move past all the hurt and heal so you can free yourself up to find a guy who will! There are plenty of decent guys out there, don't ever feel like you need to settle for bad behaviour.
    It sounds like you need to know what your relationship boundaries are. I'd suggest making a list of deal breakers, or boundaries that you absolutely will not accept being broken. Things like controlling behaviour and infidelity should be up there at the top. Why waste your time with someone who doesn't view relationships in a similar way to you?
    Then make a list of the qualities that you are looking for in a guy. They should be indicators that they would value your boundaries.
    Give yourself time to grieve over the break up, and affirm to yourself that you deserve better

• It is very hard, but you are absolutely right! I really appreciate your advice! Thank you so much!

• Thank you so much your advice helped me so much. I will check out her site as well ! 💜

• You're very welcome 😊
      Keep your chin up and don't let the actions of one person dull your shine! Big hugs! :)

• ignore him

What Girls Said 0