How do I fall out of love with someone?

I'm trying to distance myself but we keep hanging out
I don't text him but he'll text me
I can't find anything bad about him because I can look past his flaws
We talk about our futures and how they fit perfectly

I know I don't need him but I really want him. He's so perfect to me. It's becoming a bit much considering all I do is think and talk about him all day. He doesn't know how I feel either. Advice?😕

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't just shut off your feelings for someone. Trying to force yourself to unlove someone is like trying to force yourself to love someone you've never met. You just can't! You can't control your feelings, only your emotions

Why not take the risk and be bold and tell him how you feel. Life's too short to hold back how you feel about someone. Even if he rejects you and doesn't feel the same at least you'll be able to move on. Rejection is only a temporary statement , but regret is an endless question. So if you don't tell him, you'll always wonder " what if" or " if only" 😊

• I can't risk our friendship and it's super embarrassing for me to tell him that

• Then you have no choice but to get on with it , and get over him

• I'm trying I really am

What Guys Said 3

• Next time you hang out, find some time alone between you two and give him a kiss or something.

I don't recommend confessing your feelings to him. That'll typically only work if he feels the same way about you. If he's crushing on another girl or something, it'll tend to lead to an awkward rejection.

The kiss might work. For example, if he's crushing on another girl, kissing you might suddenly break him out of that spell and make him want you in a romantic kind of way.

• why don't just tell him, that u r not interested in him, basically sometimes compatibility between men women mostly. If its one sided or not clone sided.. People sometimes move on and stop loving each other. So its fine. n for advice.. tell him fair n confidently face him pr u can just ignore or him. u r confused in leaving him or not.. give some time u will know what step u should take..

• Make sure you have cut contact with him and think of it this way. You adore him and think he is great but obviously he doesn't have that same love and value for you or he would not have ended it.

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him how you feel? He may feel the same way? Or if you don't want a relationship with him or anything cut all ties and never speak or see him again.

• Why do you want to fall out of love? I don't see the reason. I wrote whole paragraph about how one can fall out of love, but deleted after reading that he's perfect and you talk about him whole day. It doesn't make sense.

• He applied for some school 3 hours away. And he's my friend and things would be weird.

• You caught the feels OP. Too late.