Boyfriend broke up with me because we were moving too fast? Any chance of getting back together?

Me and boyfriend were together a month and we did move fast. Met each other's families, said I love you etc. It felt natural on both sides. Then when I went home he ignored me for nearly a week till I asked him what was happening. He said "I've been thinking, we did move too fast and it put me off" I was prepared to slow things down because we did move so fast and had spent so much time together. I really want to ask him for another chance? Is it worth it?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• You can try but I don't see the point.

He could have told you about moving fast all this time and didn't say a word. He didn't have to have you meet his family or him yours. He didn't have to say I love you to you. Him then going the ignoring route then breaking up with you in that fashion was hurtful and disrespectful. The fact that he didn't give you the option of dialing it down a notch shows that he didn't love you and just wanted out.

• That's what I'm a bit worried about. I'm hoping with the last few days of space and no contact from me that he will start to miss me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should just stick to being friends first and see how it progresses. You can talk all about that stuff you would in dating with each other and see where it leads. Until then, just don't ask for another chance so quickly. Just contact him, agree and just tell him how you feel in general and would like to start as friends if he is still interested in you.

• I did send him the message. He said he wants to be alone for a while as he's thinking of moving. He said its best we cut contact for now. Does that mean he will want to hear from me someday?

• I suggest that at that rate you need to just cut it loose altogether. You can't just wait for everybody to make a move. He either wants something with you or he's leading you on for nothing. Cutting contact for now can turn into no contact indefinite. If you want to take that risk, then it's entirely up to you. But you will have to move on eventually.

• Well I'm collecting my stuff from his house on Wednesday and then I'll go no contact. After a month of that, I'll see how I feel

What Guys Said 4

• If it was just too fast, you wouldn't feel so bad about it that you'd stop communicating as he did.

For him, it was also too much commitment, already, so I'd think twice about having him back.

• Nope... you burned out. Move on.

• Seriously no hope at all? He still has me on Facebook and things. I'm hoping maybe if we stay friends we could rekindle things

• thats the right attitude right there...

• Thankyou! It's tough but you are one of many to say to go totally no contact as that's the best way for me to move on, get stronger and maybe for him to come back. Either way, I'll have a better frame of mind in the end.

• "... I went home..."
    You live in separate locales?
    'Moving too fast' isn't the reason - there's something else going on here.

• Yup... Go for it

What Girls Said 6

• no contact rule, don't talk to him and get busy with your life, hang out with your friends, keep yourself together but when he started to miss you, wait until you finish "no contact rule" but don't get clingy and give him freedom, be busy and don't be always too available or he'll get bored easily

• That's a dumb reaction from a guy so he's probably just being dumb.
    Ask for another chance and if he doesn't seem enthusiastic move on c: Plenty of fish in the sea.

• honestly he's just finding an excuse to not be in the relationship. even if a guy is not ready, if he's into the girl he'll make himself ready for that relationship. they are obvious, you won't be able to miss it.

• It's always worth it. At least you'll know either way!🙂

• Sometimes relationships burn out too fast. It's good to take things slow in the beginning. He may come back, and he may not. But as previously stated, if he does it's not going to be the same as before. Just give it time,

• I'm so sorry that happened to you too! It seems to be happening with everyone at the minute 😢 That's what I'm going to do. Collect my things and go no contact

• Yea, I feel like people bail at the first sign of trouble. Like, the min the "honey moon" stage has ended. I've seen it happen to my friends a lot, both men and women. It's sucks, and only time fixes it unfortunately. Let yourself grieve, one of my biggest mistakes was holding it in and it took longer to get over.

• i think it was just an excuse